• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The next chancellor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next chancellor

Not the Reichs Chancellor, but the Chancellor of the Exchequer.

That fount of all wisdom, the South Wales Evening Post tonight suggested that Peter Hain might well become the next New Liebour Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Plainly he's admirably qualified, not having two brain cells to rub together.

Actually, now I think about it, Reichs Chancellor isn't too far off the mark.

I think youd make a good chancellor Mr Z, providing your staple diet consists of eating vaste quantities of cash and crapping on the population. Looking at those teeth, I think you could fulfill the first requirement.....
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Not the Reichs Chancellor, but the Chancellor of the Exchequer.
      I think it will be a bloke with a funny little moustache.

Comment

That fount of all wisdom, the South Wales Evening Post tonight suggested that Peter Hain might well become the next New Liebour Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Plainly he's admirably qualified, not having two brain cells to rub together.
        Quite. I always laugh when I remember a TV speech or interview in 2001 or 2002 when Peter Hain told us it would be disastrous for Britain to stay out of the euro. He insisted it would be "crazy" to be "left behind".

He also described those against entry as "the enemies of Europe" (forgetting perhaps that he himself was against it in the nineties).

And that was more or less the sum total of his argument.

Comment

Why thank you McQ... I think you'd make a fine Foreign Secretary.

Who do we declare war against first? I nominate Luxembourg.... pretty to look at and wont put up much of a fight. Plenty of cash to finance world domination, too....
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
            Who do we declare war against first? I nominate Luxembourg.... pretty to look at and wont put up much of a fight. Plenty of cash to finance world domination, too....
            I think when he offered for you to become foreign minister he actually meant politely for you to pi** iff out of the country
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Ah Dodgy, still stuck in the gutter... pimping other peoples talent might make you money, but it wont cure the sickness inside....
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                Far too tough a target. Our forces are too busy wrestling naked to take on such a mighty foe. I nominate the Isle of Wight. There's some nice tea shops we could add to the Empire.

Fungus.

Comment

Noooo.. my family owns 48 acres of it... how about the Isle of Man instead? Lots of dodgy money to be grabbed.....
                  Vieze Oude Man

Comment

There's no way brown is ever going to be pm.

blair is just stringing him along.

when blair goes, he will stitch brown well up, they hate eachother. they really do. I don't blame either of them. when they write their memoire$, it will all come out.

He can't just hand it over, it's not a baton, you know.

by the time blair is kicked, brown will be just be a partner in crime, so the labour members won't vote for him anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X