• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hays still trying to cream it from OOW contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hays still trying to cream it from OOW contractors

Just received this mail - what contract??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you have previously applied for contract assignment with Hays IT and Defense for a position that requires a security clearance, we are contractually bound to verify that you have the pre-requisite security clearance level prior to accepting you onto our database of security-cleared workers.

We have recently encountered a large number of individuals who believe they have a valid security clearance, but through no fault of their own, it has lapsed or been invalidated. This has resulted in a significant increase in the time it takes to place individuals on projects.

To prevent this situation in the future and avoid causing any delay to your application, we are introducing a process to verify security clearances of workers on our database as you apply for jobs. To complete this process in accordance with the Data Protection Act, we need your permission to approach the various security agencies to ensure that your stated level of clearance is still valid.

If you wish to be registered for security cleared opportunities with Hays there will be an administration fee of £57.50 for verification to take place to cover the associated costs.

If upon completion of verification your security clearance is confirmed as valid, then you will be added to our cleared database. However, if the clearance has lapsed or is void and you have been selected for a contract that requires a Security Clearance we can submit your clearance by approaching the sponsor/prime contractor to start the renewal process to enable you to take up a position on the relevant contract.

Group Security

Tel: 0845 459 0252

It almost sounds like a phishing email!
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Keep up at the back.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        It almost sounds like a phishing email!
        Well Ive got 57.50 ready to sent to their government officials bank account in Nigeria.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Saw it, but this is the first time I have received a direct mail from this tardy agency asking me for money to renew my security clearance (that they dont have a hope in hell of doing anyway - my clearance is waaay out of their league).

PZZ

Comment

They can't even spell defence.

Comment

Im sure that Hays are just jokers in the wind up business these days - do they seriously want people to believe that they are a credible agency if they send out this kind of cr^p - who does their publicity Gordon Brown??

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                They can't even spell defence.

Comment

What's the common denominator? I don't get these phishing emails. Not even the normal Nigerian ones, although I expect those are filtered by my ISP.

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
                    Im sure that Hays are just jokers in the wind up business these days - do they seriously want people to believe that they are a credible agency if they send out this kind of cr^p - who does their publicity Gordon Brown??

PZZ
                    Funny that, you backed them to the hilt about 5 months ago on their dubious practices.

Sockies always drop their guard.

Comment

Working...
                    X