• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

German goalie killed by train

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German goalie killed by train

Linky

<poor_taste_joke>
    I seem to remember Gary Sprake trying the same thing, but the train went under him.
    </poor_taste_joke>

If you haven't found your coat yet I'm happy to help.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

People who top themselves in this way are simply selfish *******. His actions could have caused a train crash injuring others and the emergency services have to clean up the mess he has left behind. They should throw the book at him!
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Hanging's too good for suicides

Comment

People who top themselves in this way are simply selfish *******.
          I really think that if someone that has at such a low level in their life that they can't face living and has to do something like this doesn't really give a rats ass about whether you think he is selfish or not or the consequences of his actions to be honest.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

He was actually a nice bloke (Frau D. is a Hannover 96 fan and rang me at 22:00 last night to tell me) but had been treated for some form of depression. What is sad is that he and his wife had adopted a baby girl just 8 months ago so its going to be tough on them (I'm sure that he had some serious surgery not long ago as well.)
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              He was actually a nice bloke (Frau D. is a Hannover 96 fan and rang me at 22:00 last night to tell me) but had been treated for some form of depression. What is sad is that he and his wife had adopted a baby girl just 8 months ago so its going to be tough on them (I'm sure that he had some serious surgery not long ago as well.)
              I think they lost a child a couple of years ago as well. Very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                I think they lost a child a couple of years ago as well. Very sad.
                Yep:

Enke's daughter Lara died in 2006 of a rare heart condition when she was two and he leaves a wife, Teresa, and an eight-month-old daughter they had adopted.
                and:

Enke had been diagnosed with a bacterial stomach virus several weeks ago and did not play for Hannover for two months, although he reappeared for Sunday's 2-2 draw with Hamburg.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I find this story disappointing for a few reasons.

Firstly, the nationality of the chap has no significance to the story, it adds nothing and might be considered discriminatory. Are we stereotyping the Germans as a nation of suicides ?

Secondly, ok he was a goalkeeper, so what. Lets keep his profession out of it. Remember how we were upset when a certain minister labelled us all as 'tax cheats'. These lables do not help

Thirdly, remember the baby P story. Well now its almost impossible to recruit social workers to work with children. Do you really want to create a shortage of train drivers? This chap might have killed himself in any number of ways, please keep the train out of it.

The entire story should be rewritten - 'Some bloke died'

-Minestrone

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    Do you really want to create a shortage of train drivers?
                    Don't get me started on that..

http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk...=MajorIncident

Useless.

Comment

Working...
                    X