• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting order in accounting - scanning, DMS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting order in accounting - scanning, DMS

I have a lot of expenses etc that needs to go into accounting or at least be presented to an accountant.

What I would like to do is to scan any paper that can be relevant, keeping track of physical location, and also collecting electronic records like electronic banks statements and electronic invoices.

I would then like to match related information, like a train ticket, the recite and bank statement entry, so I can present it to an accountant, so he can decide what is relevant (business expenses) before pass the information over to her.

The software should then assist me in rearranging the physical locations to fit with proper book-keeping.

Any idea about the best software for this? Some of this functionality exist in DMS and OCR software, but I haven't seen anything in combination with accounting.

The general idea is to have all my activities in one DMS/accounting system, and output to an official system when necessary.

(Private/family, different businesses, possibly in different countries)

Thanks a lot.

Kofax -> Oracle UCM -> Oracle Financials.

Should only cost you about £600k to do it. (including development and on-going support costs). At least that's what it cost one of my previous clients.

HTH.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Can you not just use hyperlinks in excel to point at PDF scans of docs?

Or insert them as objects.

Unless you want to spend hard earned cash that is?

Comment

Its a bit more complicated

Its a bit more complicated than that, for example I need to get data like date and amount from the scanned documents into a DB in an efficient fashion at the right time.

Also an efficient system would probably have barcodes on documents and on binders/boxes. (Kofax seems to have some support for barcodes).

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Kofax -> Oracle UCM -> Oracle Financials.

Should only cost you about £600k to do it. (including development and on-going support costs). At least that's what it cost one of my previous clients.

HTH.
          170 systems, OB10, Basware etc are all possibilities in conjunction with Kofax.

I would recommend something much smaller and cheaper though like ScanToPDF.

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
            I have a lot of expenses etc that needs to go into accounting or at least be presented to an accountant.

What I would like to do is to scan any paper that can be relevant, keeping track of physical location, and also collecting electronic records like electronic banks statements and electronic invoices.

I would then like to match related information, like a train ticket, the recite and bank statement entry, so I can present it to an accountant, so he can decide what is relevant (business expenses) before pass the information over to her.

The software should then assist me in rearranging the physical locations to fit with proper book-keeping.

Any idea about the best software for this? Some of this functionality exist in DMS and OCR software, but I haven't seen anything in combination with accounting.

The general idea is to have all my activities in one DMS/accounting system, and output to an official system when necessary.

(Private/family, different businesses, possibly in different countries)

Thanks a lot.
            What sort of volume are we talking about?? How many items per day??

PZZ

Comment

We use Laserfiche around these parts - works very well.

Also, if you're handy with Linux there are a few scripts around which, with a bit of PHP will let you do what you want free

Comment

Working...
              X