• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Idiots spamming the forum with similar titled threads

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idiots spamming the forum with similar titled threads

<deleted>
    Last edited by Bwana; 2 June 2022, 16:42.
    Bwana

18 has got to be a record.

Almost pushed TPD off the 1st page in LR now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwana View Post
      CUK is a fantastic forum and has entertained me for years. However, if there's one thing that puts me off browsing the forum, it's when I see a large number of similarly-titled threads dominating the first page of General. The pattern is that these threads all have very simliar titles which are a 'pun' of the original thread's title. These are effectively a form of spam, and they serve to push the more genuine threads off of page1 making them less likely to be viewed.

Mods - could you please delete such offending threads, or at least move them to 'light relief'?

Cheers,
      WHS.

Comment

Sorry, but I refuse to be told off by someone whose contribution to this forum has consisted of 10 whole posts a year.

HTH
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          WHS.
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I thought we'd stopped?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Bwana - the forum had a bout of serious , fundamental philosophical debate and dispute.
              Some real differences of opinion on very serious subjects.

Sometimes its a good idea to get together and have a laugh afterwards, to show we are still all mates

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Well said that man! This place can be serious but also good for a laugh. I have the ability built in to ignore the threads I'm not interested in. It's not hard, just look for the letters SAS in that order and you don't go too far wrong!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  Bwana - the forum had a bout of serious , fundamental philosophical debate and dispute.

Sometimes its a good idea to get together and have a laugh afterwards, to show we are still all mates

Well said, and conceder that most of are in a prison full of permies with zero humour.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

WHS +++++
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X