• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it ok to love Google?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it ok to love Google?

Google Search, Google Maps, Google Docs, Google Apps, Google Wave, Google Mail, Google Sketchup, Google Desktop, Google News, Blogger (by Google), YouTube (by Google)...

I use the whole lot one way or another, and I haven't even listed all the other offerings which I don't use, at the moment.

The thing is, I don't just use them. Some of them I pretty much completely rely on.

...ah, got to go out. Will post this anyway. Anyone else find they have a possibly unhealthy attachment to Google these days. Anyone bothered, or just happy that such a great company is out there giving us all this stuff?

Of course it's ok... especially when they have Sesame St on
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Of course it's ok... especially when they have Sesame St on
      Google Earth is our favourite.

Comment

Is it ok to love Google?
        Yes, when safe search is turned off.

Comment

iGoogle is my home page...

and I think Google Wave is cracking.. all I need now is some friends to wave too...

(I don't want to give you the impression that I'm stalking you Nick... )
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            iGoogle is my home page...

and I think Google Wave is cracking.. all I need now is some friends to wave too...

(I don't want to give you the impression that I'm stalking you Nick... )

Comment

Cojak,

What is your Wave ID?

Same here no friends too.....

Dan

Comment

So, the general concensus is that Google is pretty benevolent? I was kind of expecting a few rants about privacy invasion and so on. Just the safe search thing as a slight negative? It would be nice to think that there is a giant corporation which is actually very nice and just wants to make the world a better place.

Comment

Mine is [email protected]

Shall we get a CUK members wave underway for fun and games?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X