• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Serious question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious question

As you may know I have a reasonable amount of cash, mostly sitting now in sterling in high interest () saving accounts, spread to limit the risk at £50K per account.

I've been waiting for the proper house price crash, you know, the one you would expect when the economy of a country is effectively bankrupt.

However, Brown and Co. are sticking with a policy of inflating bubbles with very low interest rates, printing money and forcing lenders to hold off on repossession and instead passing the burden of debt down the generations.

So, do I continue with my wait and hold strategy or buy the millionaire mansion now, before it's too late?
    has passed, the only way now for prices is up.
    7.69%
    will be next year or maybe 2011. The crash hasn't happened yet.
    69.23%
    Is when AndyW is selling up.
    23.08%

The reason no one has replied is that they don't want to encourage your Walter Mitty fantasies.

HTH
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      As you may know I have a reasonable amount of cash, mostly sitting now in sterling in high interest () saving accounts, spread to limit the risk at £50K per account.

I've been waiting for the proper house price crash, you know, the one you would expect when the economy of a country is effectively bankrupt.

However, Brown and Co. are sticking with a policy of inflating bubbles with very low interest rates, printing money and forcing lenders to hold off on repossession and instead passing the burden of debt down the generations.

So, do I continue with my wait and hold strategy or buy the millionaire mansion now, before it's too late?
      Why not buy a couple of little properties (up to half your cash?) and continue renting your primary home. Spread the risk a little?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Indeed. otherwise just get that yacht in Nice,buy the Bentley and get a harem of Russian beauties. Then you can buy your mansion and a helicopter.
        Why stop there? Get a football club while you're at it.

That's the beauty of imagination- you can do anything you want
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Why not buy a couple of little properties (up to half your cash?) and continue renting your primary home. Spread the risk a little?
          It's all or nothing. I don't want to get back into BTL and investment property, I really just want the big house.

The real question is, is now the best time to buy or will 2010/2011 be the time when the cash buyer is king?

I just can't see property prices falling from here, can anyone?

Comment

Your "house purchase" is getting as dull as "SKA news".

Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

if you've been waiting for the bottom you're too late. unless you want to wait for the next bottom. opinion on that varies from hab (thisafternoon) to eo (next millennium).

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Your "house purchase" is getting as dull as "SKA news".

If it helps your sad little mind, imagine I am asking on behalf of a rich friend, whilst I live in a council flat on benefits.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                  if you've been waiting for the bottom you're too late. unless you want to wait for the next bottom. opinion on that varies from hab (thisafternoon) to eo (next millennium).
                  WHS.

Printing money changes everything, no one know where this will end. Not even Gordon.
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    If it helps your sad little mind, imagine I am asking on behalf of a rich friend, whilst I live in a council flat on benefits.

HTH
                    SG stop talking to yourself....
                    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Working...
                    X