• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Offer of a lifetime??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offer of a lifetime??

Just been offered a permie job at the place where I am working

"Good" package
    MBA paid for
    MS certification paid for

Management role

Massive blue chip

Surprisingly I am tempted. This could be my ticket into directorship and business level exec, which is where I want to be, as well as Contracting being sold to a girl called Helena Handbasket.

What does the board think
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Clearly its a step in the direction in which you want to go in.

As long as the money and prospects meet expectations then whats stopping you?
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

How good is "Good"?

Comment

As Rocky would say, Go For It.

Comment

Take it, then never darken our doors again.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by SorenLorensen View Post
            How good is "Good"?
            I don't know yet which is what is stopping me.

I really do have some thinking to do.

This was not in the 5 year plan.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
              I don't know yet which is what is stopping me.

I really do have some thinking to do.

This was not in the 5 year plan.
              What is your 5 year plan?
              (If you don't mind me asking).

Comment

Handover your CUK badge to admins on the way out

Comment

Do you seriously want to be director of a large blue chip? Sounds good I know, but do you really know what it involves? This is not the same as being director of a start up, or even a medium size 250+ employee company. You are entering another world. Do some serious research. You might earn £100K a year contracting for doing practically f all. You might earn £150K a year as director of a blue chip (+ bonus). But the legal responsibilities and pressures are another world.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                    Do you seriously want to be director of a large blue chip? Sounds good I know, but do you really know what it involves? This is not the same as being director of a start up, or even a medium size 250+ employee company. You are entering another world. Do some serious research. You might earn £100K a year contracting for doing practically f all. You might earn £150K a year as director of a blue chip (+ bonus). But the legal responsibilities and pressures are another world.
                    I can always go back to Contracting, but I do want to push myself, yes.

I want to see where it takes me.

HOWEVER.....I hear what you are saying. If this was a give up your life kind of gig I would never take it, but it is not that kind of company. So I am thinking it over.......

Comment

Working...
                    X