• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Naked Royal Marines go commando

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naked Royal Marines go commando

This news about the Royal Marines initiation ceremony.

It seems when they need to let off a little steam, they don’t get really drunk and pull birds etc. They all strip naked and roll about in the mud while the NCOs dress up a women and watch.

Now there are some people on this forum who CLAIM to have experience in the forces (mostly Spod and Threaded). So I’d like to ask, did you take part in a bizarre homo-erotic initiation ritual? And if so, where you a rock or a sponge?

Is it bollox homo-erotic, in fact it was fecking freezin' The only thing that was out of order was an NCO losin' it 'coz he was pissed and he would've been dealt with at the time by his peers. The guy on the recieving end didn't complain, it wasn't bullying, it was an NCO being too enthusiastic.

Comment

The question I have is this - if everyone was naked then where did the guy who filmed it hid the camera?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        The question I have is this - if everyone was naked then where did the guy who filmed it hid the camera?
        In his stockings?

Apparently this sort of thing is compulsory in the Russian army.
        “750 (Russian) servicemen suffered non-combat related deaths during the first nine months of 2005, including 13 due to bullying and 200 suicides.”

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
          Apparently this sort of thing is compulsory in the Russian army.
          “750 (Russian) servicemen suffered non-combat related deaths during the first nine months of 2005, including 13 due to bullying and 200 suicides.”
          I have strong suspicion that these figures are actually reclassification of military losses in Chechnya.

The only thing more amazing about Russia losing more servicemen in peaceful time than USA in Iraq is that Russian people don't seem to give a monkey about it -- you can be damn sure that if a US patrol get ambushed in Iraq, then it would make the news, but nobody would talk about Russian "non-combat" losses even though they seem to happen much more frequently.

Comment

Don't know AtW. It was in today's Times. Comparing army bullying around the world. Full quote follows if you're interested.

"RUSSIA: Bullying in the Russian army is so common that it has a name, “dedovshchina” or “the rule of grandfathers”. In October the Russian Defence Ministry admitted that 750 servicemen had suffered non-combat related deaths during the first nine months of 2005, including 13 due to bullying and 200 suicides. Every year about 800,000 conscripts enter the Russian military and for their first 12 months work as slaves to their older colleagues, forced to hand over money, food and personal effects and perform tasks day and night. Insubordination is punished by beatings and humiliation "

Do they have National Service in Russia? Do/did you have to do it?

Comment

They have what is generally called as "draft" - I dodged it legally on educational (Uni students were exempt, which is why lots of guys go to Uni - if they drop out they are stuffed into the army barrack) and medical grounds (astma, though I managed to beat it many years ago).

Conditions in the army are extremely bad - I am not even talking about Chechnya here where in 90s they were sending conscripts with few weeks of "training" to killed by pros who were fighting on the rebels side.

In general in Russia army is disliked and most parents concerned about making sure their kids dodge the draft many years before the time comes (18 years I think).

Russia now has more generals than USSR had - all they require manpower to build their summer houses or resell soldiers to local businesses as slave labour - this is why the army chiefs resist switching to professional army. The situation is rather grim, but most people only give a monkey if their own children are taken to the army -- there is very little organisation to come united in a simple demand to make army professional like in all decent countries - this lack of ability to unite and defend common issues is one of the primary reasons I refuse to live in Russia.
              Last edited by AtW; 28 November 2005, 15:19.

Comment

From the little bit that I saw, it seemed relatively 'normal' bonding behaviour, the sort of thing that occurs fairly regularly on the more macho units e.g. Airborne and Royal Marines. As someone else said, the NCO overcooked it because he was pissed, and probably suffered at the hands of his peers later.

I suppose I shouldn't be disappointed that someone yielded to the profit motive and (presumably) sold the recording to the media. It wouldn't have happened in my day - but then it would have had to have been filmed on 8mm not recorded on video.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankScribe
                  It wouldn't have happened in my day
                  Is it why you still dress like a woman?

I'd love to chat more, but need to do some overdue paper work

Comment

Some people will do anything to get a discharge

Comment

Working...
                    X