• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Red Arrows get first female pilot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Arrows get first female pilot

Linky

One of the few remaining bastions of male dominance fallen. Good job she doesn't have to reverse the thing, she'd never have been accepted. (Joke!)

What took you so long?

Edit: I think she's been with them a while - her name sounds familiar.
    Last edited by Zippy; 12 November 2009, 14:32.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I think that deserves a well done. They had to change the display schedule to fit her in. All air shows will finish by 3:30pm so she can pick the kids up from school. Her colleagues will park the aircraft for her and they fitted an extra mirror in the cockpit.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The plane had to be specially modified as well, they had to remove the stand-up urinal and put a ladies bog in

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Confucius say woman who fly upside down have crack-up!

Comment

Wait til she has to reverse park it ...

Comment

I've been watching them practise this morning.

She didn't fly off in the wrong direction so I guess she's as good as the other chaps. Whato, Spiffing..Over and Out.

Comment

She'll be fine till she has to land and park the thing.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by bellymonster View Post
                  I've been watching them practise this morning.

She didn't fly off in the wrong direction so I guess she's as good as the other chaps. Whato, Spiffing..Over and Out.
                  Where would that be? I saw them practising over Anglesey when I was mapping some rocks there back in the '80s, but don't know where they're based these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                    Where would that be? I saw them practising over Anglesey when I was mapping some rocks there back in the '80s, but don't know where they're based these days.
                    They are based at Scampton near Lincoln, get to see them all the time during the winter months.

Comment

Working...
                    X