• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iProfile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iProfile

I know iProfile has been discussed in this forum before but is anyone here using it now, with the market the way it is?

Only this week two agencies have emailed me to say that they are now converting to iProfile but the CV import feature is still cr*p - you have to manually enter most of the info.

Don't bother....

You just get it right and then some bright agent uploads my CV again or an old version and cocks it up again....

LIFE'S TOO SHORT!

Comment

I received an e-mail from an agency stating that iProfile was their preferred method of searching for contractors. As far as I can tell it just makes it easier for them to do keyword searches which is probably why I get so many crap mails about contracts I'm 'ideal' for. As it is I'm trying to get my name taken out as the e-mail came with my userid and password in clear text which means that anyone can probably steal my identity on it.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

iProfile is pants. That sums up my opinion of the product.
        After using it for several years I have found that the quality of the agents and contracts that have come my way from iProfile have not been very high.

The terms of use are also poor and my details get changed on a regular basis.
        In a word - pants. Don't bother.

Linked-In on the other hand has been very useful with quality contacts and offers - Although I do not let any old agent connect to my profile with the majority being rejected as "I do not know this user" which does seem to annoy the requesting agent for some reason.
        Last edited by worzelGummidge; 12 November 2009, 17:16.

Comment

Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
          ........Although I do not let any old agent connect to my profile with the majority being rejected as "I do not know this user" which does seem to annoy the requesting agent for some reason.
          Because if they get too many 'don't knows' - Linkedin automatically stops them sending 'connection requests' on spec...

Please continue to send them.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
            Because if they get too many 'don't knows' - Linkedin automatically stops them sending 'connection requests' on spec...

Please continue to send them.....
            Ah. Thanks. That makes sense. Well they are stupid then.
            I receive around five connection requests per week with the vast majority being people based in India who I have never even heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
              Don't bother....

You just get it right and then some bright agent uploads my CV again or an old version and cocks it up again....

LIFE'S TOO SHORT!
              WHS - plus there were parts of someone elses CV on my profile!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                WHS - plus there were parts of someone elses CV on my profile!
                Did you get any roles on the strength of that?????

Comment

Awful, awful piece of carp.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

An agent uploaded mine without my permission, to call them a reputable agent is a hoax

I was getting loads of fishing calls and emails until I found out where they were getting my CV and who it was that put it there.

Strongly worded email to them. CV removed.

Comment

Working...
                    X