• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tragic story

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tragic story

http://www.justgiving.com/robyn-appeal

Just imagine if everyone donated a days rate to this cause.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Fck that's horrible.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Fck that's horrible.
      Will be donating the most obscene amount of money I can scrape together.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Me too. Almost hoped it was some sick joke on your part. Do you know these people? I am tempted to forward this link to friends via email, and I never, ever do things like that.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Why? It's sad I know, but she's not your child.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Why? It's sad I know, but she's not your child.
            Effing hell, that's probably the most revolting thing I've seen written on this board. Shame on you.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

How about the 8,400 babies that were borne with AIDS today and will live a horrible, painful life before they die in 12 months or less, I guess that these dont wear a nice starched Monsoon dress or are white enough to make your news??

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                Me too. Almost hoped it was some sick joke on your part. Do you know these people? I am tempted to forward this link to friends via email, and I never, ever do things like that.
                No I do not. I saw this on ITV.

Comment

The thing about charity is this. You only donate to charitys that you relate to. For example, if you have kids, you're more likely to donate to kiddy charidees.

I have three georgeous (but annoying) boys in perfect health. This pre disposes me to feel the need to donate to something like this.

I have met owl hoot, and he's a bloody nice bloke so I am a little suprised at his post.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
                    How about the 8,400 babies that were borne with AIDS today and will live a horrible, painful life before they die in 12 months or less, I guess that these dont wear a nice starched Monsoon dress or are white enough to make your news??

PZZ
                    Although this doesn't warrant a reply, yawn - this is about slightly more than race or location. Monthly charitable donations aside, this story is the rare one that had an affect on me. Not because she is beautiful and white. You have no idea what colour skin most of the posting community here have, so keep those assumptions to yourself please.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X