• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lands end to John-O-Groats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lands end to John-O-Groats

Have been wanting to cycle this for a long time. Anyone done it?

Will be in training from 1st Jan. Cycle a bit anyway and could rack up 20 - 30 miles without being too knackered.

The prospect of 60 miles per day for 3 weeks is a little daunting, but my good cause motivates me muchly.

Current gig is up in April (or maybe sooner )

Anyone done this?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Am planning on walking it next year, just looking for the most walker friendly route that does not touch the main roads.

PZZ

Comment

Look at the time of the year. Afaik if you start in the start of the year go south, if you start at the end go north.

This way your not walking into the sun all day.

Comment

Sounds good. I've not done cycling like that in the UK, but I once cycled down the East coast of Malaysia. I think I spent most of the time staring at the road and trying to go as fast as possible. Then stopping and turning red and really, really, liking the taste of 7-Up and Coke.

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
          Am planning on walking it next year, just looking for the most walker friendly route that does not touch the main roads.

PZZ
          Where do we get there idiots from. FFS.

Clear SAS sp

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            ??
            Have not been back to the UK for over 10 years, will make this trip last 2-3 months as it will be the last time I'll visit my birthplace .

What is your point??

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Clear SAS sp
              whs + millions
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post

PZZ
                I did it last year, but followed Wainwrights, M5, M4 ,M25, A1 route, so thats probably not what you are after. I did it for charity, dressed as biggles and carrying a bowl of pasta in my lap.

I went through three pairs of walking boots.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  I did it last year, but followed Wainwrights, M5, M4 ,M25, A1 route, so thats probably not what you are after. I did it for charity, dressed as biggles and carrying a bowl of pasta in my lap.

I went through three pairs of walking boots.

Sounds like something I would have done in my earlier years.

PZZ

Comment

I know it's possible to cycle from one end to other, or even walk if you are so inclined, but believe it or not, public and also private transport will get you there quicker, in more comfort to.

Personally, if I had to make a visit to either, I'd use a web cam. Failing that, forget the whole thing and play Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 instead.
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X