• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How would the population react if there wasn't TV?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've often wondered.....

Would it be a new golden age?

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    I've often wondered.....

There would be a revolution as people suddenly started thinking for themselves
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

There would be another means to subdue the population in it place.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

They would do what what they did before TV.

Listen to the radio.

Comment

I don't watch TV at all during the week - it's carp and in a foreign language for a start.

I'll maybe watch an hour or two over the weekend, usually something like 'life' that's 'on demand'.

I don't think I'm missing much based on the number of facebook status updates with the word jedward in.

Comment

Not many people would care, unless you think he will be England manager again soon.

Ill get me coat.

Comment

But that would mean no Babestation
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I only watch MOTD. Any more posting of scores before I have watched it (like last week!) will result in some serious slapping. Would not be bothered if the TV did not work at all. The kids would get mightily peeved though!
                my ferret is your ferret

Comment

What no TV?

Well I can hardly believe it myself, but I gave up TV (receiving a signal) more than 15 years ago.

Have become a big fan of radio.

Don't miss it a bit and have loads of time for hobbies I've developed over the years.

Interestingly, whilst away on a long term contract 'up north' I rented a holiday cottage so the 'Fam' could join me. Within 1 day of regular TV the kids had learn't the 'I want' phrase, from watching the adverts for toy's etc.......
                  “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
                    I've often wondered.....

No, they'd just fritter away their time on useless online forums.
                    Step outside posh boy

Comment

Working...
                    X