• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed! Why everyone is voting Labour in a recession

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed! Why everyone is voting Labour in a recession

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-000-year.html

The number of families raking in more than £20,000 a year in benefits has trebled since Labour came to power, figures showed yesterday.

Britain's culture of spiralling welfare dependency means 300,000 households now receive that figure or more in benefits - up from 100,000 in 1997.

A worker would have to earn £27,000 a year to take home £20,000.

The figures also showed that the number of households receiving more than £15,000 a year from the state has doubled from 600,000 to 1.2million.

Why bother trying to earn £27K when you can have it for free?

This is labour's core voters, hence they look after them. Thankfully when the torys get in, we'll be their core voters.

Comment

As I predicted earlier this year - provding Labour can head off the SNP challenge in Scotland - which they appear to be doing - and with a housing boom on the cards - I forseee another Labour victory albeit with a reduced majority.

All those on welfare bens and not fortgetting the mass of civil seravants and state sector jobs know which side their bread is buttered on.

The Tories have only austerity to offer - this will not win votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
        This is labour's core voters, hence they look after them. Thankfully when the torys get in, we'll be their core voters.
        you think?
        Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
          you think?
          I know, I've been around long enough! Small business owners always benefit under the Conservatives. Labour is all about tax, tax and more tax.

I know how I'll vote, and if Labour get in, then I'm off. Seriously will head to Aus for a few years as I can't stand these f******. And I can't stand anyone who votes for them either!

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post

the prevention of national bankruptcy
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post

WHS.

This is the Playstation generation voting. They want it all, they want it now, they'll borrow to get it and vote for a government that does the same.

Who cares as long as they get their £20K in the pocket tax free benefits.

Vote Labour, vote free money!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                WHS.

This is the Playstation generation voting. They want it all, they want it now, they'll borrow to get it and vote for a government that does the same.

Who cares as long as they get their £20K in the pocket tax free benefits.

Vote Labour, vote free money!
                Free money is by definition worthless. See Zimbabwe, 1930s Germany etc. Can someone explain that to labour voters?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Free money is by definition worthless. See Zimbabwe, 1930s Germany etc. Can someone explain that to labour voters?
                  They can still spend it down ASDA on a crate of wife beater.

Everyone here needs to face up to one thing. Gordon IS going to win the next election and Britain IS going to go bankrupt.

The only way to escape it is to emigrate.

Comment

most working labour voters hate the scroungers more than we do. The problem is, there are so many scroungers

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X