• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manflu City

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manflu City

Population: Me

Let the sympathetic comments roll...
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    If it was real 'flu you wouldn't be able to post online.

So it must be The Manflu. (I thought wearing eyeliner would have prevented you getting it but there you go.)

You poor thing.

I recommend staying at home, keeping warm and having lots of drinks. Whisky is good.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Are you sure it's not just a cold?

Comment

is all the sympathy you will get from me, bah man flu
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Pull yourself together man
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            If it was real 'flu you wouldn't be able to post online.

WHS. Last time I had proper flu I spent 48 hrs in bed thinking about whether my will was up to date or not.

Comment

You've got my sympathies.

Everybody knows ManFlu is more painfull than childbirth.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                WHS. Last time I had proper flu I spent 48 hrs in bed thinking about whether my will was up to date or not.
                When I was a heavy smoker I - like most heavy smokers - was kept safe from colds and 'flu. But about 20 years ago when I was living on my own I did get real 'flu and I can see why people die from it.

I spent a day and a night in bed sweating and shivering and never properly waking up. I got up the next day feeling really, really, really bad and very hungry and very thirsty. I all but crawled downstairs to find the milk had gone off in the 'fridge.

Eventually I worked out four days had gone by.

All I managed that day was to eat some muesli in warm water, then crawled back into my (still damp from the sweating) bed.

My mother and an ex-girlfriend both subsequently told me off for not 'phoning for help. But it was all over by the time I could use the telephone.

But there is something I have done ever since then: when a direct report or a colleague is not in work by 10:30 I am on the 'phone to the agent or HR to get someone to telephone them at home. Because despite being a permie, no bugger thought to telephone me to see if I was dead or alive. I just got a bollocking for phoning in sick four days late. That hurt. Lots.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                  Population: Me

Flu is debilitating so it an’t flu. If you suffer through a common cold it could be that you have problems with your sinuses and these become infected when you have a cold. This used to happen to me but I had the sinuses widened and now I just get normal colds be it that I haven’t had one for five years.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Not just you Xen - Churchill has manflu too - he's tucked up at home with a packet of Sudafed feeling sorry for himself!
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X