• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Ere, squire. Wanna dodgy degree?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Ere, squire. Wanna dodgy degree?

So, you wanna easy degree, does ya? And yer don't wanna trust them dodgy Miama degrees for $400. A ripoff, them are. But no worries, squire. I know a geezer wot's just givin' 'em away.

See, Britain's the place to come to for yer qualifications these days, innit. Free 4* GCSEs and now free degrees too, innit?

Thing is, though, you've gotta be an old permie to get one.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

The sad fact is that for these older nurses, their basic training all those years ago, was to a higher level than the training these youngsters are receiving that will be called a degree.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      The sad fact is that for these older nurses, their basic training all those years ago, was to a higher level than the training these youngsters are receiving that will be called a degree.
      True. Hospitals were more hygienic too, when strict ward sisters inspected everywhere behind the radiators etc and trainees had to do some cleaning. Then of course the cleaning was outsourced and you know the rest.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        And you know this how?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          True. Hospitals were more hygienic too, when strict ward sisters inspected everywhere behind the radiators etc and trainees had to do some cleaning. Then of course the cleaning was outsourced and you know the rest.
          Seems all right now. Mrs MM's mum is in hospital. Everything is clean, hand sanitiser everywhere and posters explaining the cleaning rota etc.

ISTM that, initially, the outsourcing of hospital cleaning was not handled well and proper controls were abandoned. These controls seem to be back in place now.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

The NHS makes me want to scream. Almost all their technical jobs need previous NHS experience and the few that don't - they require a degree.

No problem if you are a nurse though. I wonder if thet will hand these out to other sections of their workforce in a similar way?

Degree - the new name for an NVQ.
            Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Comment

Plenty of people in Asia with degrees. Why bother educating anyone here?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Plenty of people in Asia with degrees. Why bother educating anyone here?
                Aisians don't have proper UK degrees like beauty therapy and visual culture.
                Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Comment

Working...
                X