• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

umbrella rip off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

umbrella rip off

I just paid £13 for a mini umbrella in Boots.

What a tw@t.

I've just paid £19 odd for one in M&S.
    I'm happy but it's years since I have been in Marks & Spencers.
    Nice umbrella though. The button not only unfolds it but folds it back up again. I was impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
      I just paid £13 for a mini umbrella in Boots.
      Why do your boots need mini umbrellas?
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Why do your boots need mini umbrellas?
        It's perhaps to counter the flappy sploshy effect when wellies flick water over their own top edge and give you a cold wet patch on your shin.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

You could buy a Mac to go with it.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I know someone who keeps one of them fold-up umbrellas in the back pocket of their cycle shirt. Looks like they're carrying a pump. They throw it at cars occasionally. If someone remonstrates they deny everything. Well, why would a lycra clad cyclist be carrying a fold-up umbrella in their shirt back pocket? Doesn't make sense.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

A false economy. Those minuscule fold-up affairs last about a fortnight. An old-school 3-foot Fox's will cost you £50 and last a lifetime in the stiffest of gales, as well as being great for clearing a way through Oxford Street crowds and levering train doors open.

Comment

Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
                I've just paid £19 odd for one in M&S.
                I'm happy but it's years since I have been in Marks & Spencers.
                Nice umbrella though. The button not only unfolds it but folds it back up again. I was impressed.
                How does that work?

Where does the energy come from?

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                  An old-school 3-foot Fox's will cost you £50 and last as long as it takes until you next get in a black cab.
                  FTFY

Comment

Mine cost me £30 and matches my bag and purse

Oh and its rather good too.
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X