• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Capitalism is a dirty word

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4477320.stm

Cameron:

What we need is less regulation, lower taxation, more private enterprise, more prisions, more police and crack cocaine available on every street corner. Ha ... you may snort, but I couldn't possibly comment.

Talks a lot of sense IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky

Cameron:

What we need is less regulation, lower taxation, more private enterprise, more prisions, more police and crack cocaine available on every street corner. Ha ... you may snort, but I couldn't possibly comment.
      more copy'npaste.........but he has a point
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky

Cameron:

May have something to do with the clown trying to placate Digby-Jones in an attempt to counteract another Tory front:-

Originally posted by Torygraph
        It forms a key element in a "charm offensive" being mounted by the Prime Minister and Chancellor in separate addresses to the CBI over the next 36 hours. In between Tory Party leadership candidates, David Cameron and David Davis, will use their addresses to the conference to woo a business community equally critical about the Opposition's enthusiasm for business.

Growing disenchantment with policies and the performance of the Blair administration has strained relations between business and government and has seen Sir Digby Jones, the retiring CBI director general, emerge as leader of the "awkward squad."

He says he has never seen CBI members so angry on issues ranging from public sector pensions to stealth taxes, energy, transport and the new alliance with trade union paymasters.

Sir Digby last night welcomed the Chancellor's package. He said: "He's scrapping 80pc of the OFR measures and that's good news. I hope this represents the start of a change in the approach to business but if he's just throwing us a bone then he'll have gained nothing."
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I'm sticking with DC. Capitalism is one of my fave words of all time.

Comment

No it isn't.

**** is though !
            I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Comment

and ****
              I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Comment

Comment

Who else laughed at Boris Johnson's confession on HIGNFY that he'd almost taken cocaine, but had sneezed when he should have snorted...

I think if Cameron wins and is able to make maximum use of William Hague and Boris Johnson the Conservatives have a real chance to become the "feel good" option at the next election. If William Hague could be put opposite Gordon Brown, not only could he run rings round him in debates but the contrast of chirpy Hague versus dour Brown might make voters realise how depressing it would be to have Brown as Prime Minister. I'm not sure how to use Johnson. I can't see him in a serious shadow cabinet post. I suppose simply appearing as often as possible on HIGNY wearing a blue rosette should reap PR rewards.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider
                    Who else laughed at Boris Johnson's confession on HIGNFY that he'd almost taken cocaine, but had sneezed when he should have snorted...
                    Yes, I saw that - hilarious! He's a top host and the audience applauded loudly whenever Hislop or Merton made inferences to Boris running for PM.

Nice glib comment from Dr Phil Hammond when referring to some afflicted celebrity "..well everyone has their problems, don't they Boris..."

I think Boris is one of those indirect promoters and edifiers of the Tory party: too close to the ministerial activity and he's a liability but on the media fringes he becomes very relatable to the general public.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X