• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google Maps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Maps

Anyone else noticed Google Maps has been slower than a slow thing on a slow day for a while now?

It still hasnt loaded the directions pane now. I eventually went to the AA site to get the route plan I wanted, that popped up in a matter of seconds complete with map - Powered By Google.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Yes and I quite like it. I'm working on a google maps mashup app, and if users get used to waiting ages for the tiles to load, they hardly notice my server trips to fetch the markers.

Comment

Had to laugh at this though.

Google Maps is advertising the fact that they now have the Canaries on Steet View.

Somehow I dont think this is what they intended you too see when you click the link....
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I'm glad you posted that. I have been wondering what it is about my configuration / cache / history / memory usage / whatever that means it takes so long.

Also, web sites that embed a little Googlemap take yonks.

Crap, innit?
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

It's working at lightning speed for me - whether in ClientOrg's office, over the hotel wi-fi, or over broadband at home

It seemed to be a bit slow occasionally a couple of months ago, but it's been fine since then.

Comment

With remarkable synergy (hence my remarking upon it), I followed the above links and got as far as Internet Exploder starting to fire up the StreetView. That was on my desktop.

I am now logged in on my laptop as IE is still not responding.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

its running very fast for me in IE8 on windows 7
              but not so fast in IE8 on windows XP

(Same 3 year old laptop, so not a hardware issue)
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
              X