• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Un-perma-boom-renewal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Un-perma-boom-renewal

Since jacking in my 3 month return to permie-land I've been on a month long gig to sort out a failed development project which was outsourced to an Indian outfit. Its seen me rewriting 18 months worth of junior programmer code in a month, and on the back of that land a 4 month renewal at a very pleasant rate, closest gig to home possible.. boomed!

I'm pleased to have demonstrated to the budget holders at this FTSE100 that there are skilled people locally who can deliver high quality software ahead of time and within budget.

Flying the flag

18X the productivity at only 10X the cost! That would make a great tagline for your CV...
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
      S

I'm pleased to have demonstrated to the budget holders at this FTSE100 that there are skilled people locally who can deliver high quality software ahead of time and within budget.
      Big deal. As a budget holder all I care is if I can cut cost sufficiently and still deliver a crap service so that I can hit my targets and pocket my bonus. Quality never really enters the equation.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        18X the productivity at only 10X the cost! That would make a great tagline for your CV...
        The outsourcing cos charge about £150 per day per develper so unless basshead is getting £1500 per day he is good value.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Oh I missed that and just saw "junior programmer code". You can get a junior programmer for £15k in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Oh I missed that and just saw "junior programmer code". You can get a junior programmer for £15k in the UK.
            Yes, you pay peanuts etc etc. Actually, sometimes you pay a lot and still get a monkey
            Anyway, it's good that basshead is doing well. Maybe that is one company which will think twice before outsourcing again?
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Since jacking in my 3 month return to permie-land I've been on a month long gig to sort out a failed development project which was outsourced to an Indian outfit. Its seen me rewriting 18 months worth of junior programmer code in a month, and on the back of that land a 4 month renewal at a very pleasant rate, closest gig to home possible.. boomed!

Flying the flag
              well done good on yer
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Flying the flag

Make sure you tell 'em at every opportunity.

Rub their fraking snouts in it.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  Yes, you pay peanuts etc etc. Actually, sometimes you pay a lot and still get a monkey
                  Anyway, it's good that basshead is doing well. Maybe that is one company which will think twice before outsourcing again?
                  Always good to see quality win out. In my line of work I keep having to prove I'm worth 5X more than the RentaCoder masses, and it's not that easy.

Comment

Result! Well done!

Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                    X