• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Prescribed particulars' section of new Company Return

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Prescribed particulars' section of new Company Return

Anyone filled in this section of the new Company Return yet? Or have any idea what to put?

Not much information on the web yet - the best I could come up with is this thread:

http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/anyan...ttached-shares

Annual Return completion has suddenly stopped being a 5 minute job.....

I did mine just now and that link was the best I could find. In the end I just put this:-

Shares issued rank equally in terms of voting rights, rights to participate in all approved dividend distributions for that class of share and rights to participate in any capital distribution on winding up.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

There was a bunch of possibly relevant guff in the Memorandum and Articles about sale of shares etc but I couldn't be bothered to spend 10 mins typing it in. As one of the blokes on acc web said, it is all irrelevant to small companies with 1 or two shareholders. The government never stops thinking up ways to waste more of our time.
      bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Funny enough I got mine through from my accountant today. Section F4 (assuming that is what you are talking about) has been filled out with

- Ordinary shares
        - Full voting rights as set out in the Articles of Association

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
          Funny enough I got mine through from my accountant today. Section F4 (assuming that is what you are talking about) has been filled out with

- Ordinary shares
          - Full voting rights as set out in the Articles of Association

HTH
          Weird! You paid your accountant, what for this, a grand? And you just gave free advice to others who are too tight to engage an accountant!
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            Weird! You paid your accountant, what for this, a grand? And you just gave free advice to others who are too tight to engage an accountant!
            Not only are you bolshy, you are talking out of your a**e.

The arrangement I have with my accountant is of no consequence. For the record my accountant is very good and his charges are reasonable. Who cares whether the OP chooses to do the work himself rather than pay an accountant?

Surely the point of this forum is to have fun and to help each other on the premise that we in turn may need help! If not, we could all use the same contrite response to all questions posted on here.

Comment

I doubt anyone would bother to get an accountant to do this normally, it's usually just a case of putting name and date on and submitting. Co Hse just ambushed us with this new question. It is also clear from that accweb link that professional accountants don't have the fogiest either.

For the record mine has been accepted so wording above must be ok.

Ps That's 50 quid from all readers please.
              Last edited by xoggoth; 16 November 2009, 17:35.
              bloggoth

Comment

Thanks for the useful answers. Haven't quite decided exactly what to put yet, but I'm glad I didn't leave it the the very last minute as usual...

Comment

Thanks for the useful answers xxoggoth and mustang.

Comment

Thought I would resurrect this old thread as it's Annual Return time and have been flumoxed by this question.

Any further suggestions from those that have filed their return since this thread?

Am also going to email my accountant, out of curiosity, as to what she thinks.

Comment

Working...
                    X