• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chairty/Church Work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chairty/Church Work

Hi All

Going to be doing some work for my local church. Basically they needs a CMS driven website. Offered to sort it out for them and wave my fee and pay for the cost of creating the site (CMS license, art work etc).

Just wondering if there are any issues with me doing it through my company and processing the expenses through my company. Planning on having a normal PCG contract and just setting my hourly rate at £0. Any issues with doing this ?

Cheers

Not that I can think of - plenty of legal firms work pro bono.

It's no different from donating cash from the company to the charity.

IANAA / IANAL
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I guess you could of course create a fixed price contract of 1p over a flexible duration.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 15 November 2009, 07:41.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Assuming that you might be able to reference this project as something that you have done, then there is no difference than doing a prototype as part of a bid process for a piece of work.

It's a cost of sale - you are doing this bit first, on the understanding that you might be able to get more work in the future off the back of it. I would think that it might also show that you are in business on your own account too - clearly there is a risk involved in working for no money
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Cheers for the feedback... Looks like I am fine to this... Will speak to the accountant on Monday to see what they say...
          Cheers

Comment

For the benefit of anyone who finds this via the search...

Its fine to do it as I suggested in the OP according to my accountant as long as the expenses are "reasonable"....

Comment

Working...
            X