PDA

View Full Version : Review of 2012

Tingles
14th November 2009, 20:40
Save yer dosh!

Tingles
14th November 2009, 20:44
However, Showcase Delux cinema was quite good - leather seats, separate bar and seat service...

:)

Diestl
14th November 2009, 20:50
I saw it today also, good FX but I hated the way they always just out ran the collapsing earth. Or the airplane always just took of in time. Cusack is wasted in this role.

OwlHoot
14th November 2009, 21:20
Hopefully, it'll be on the telly before the world ends.......

Yes but it'll look a bit lame in 2013

(if it doesn't already, if Tingles is to be believed).

Zippy
14th November 2009, 21:33
Hey, Skynet was supposed to become self-aware at 2:14am on August 29th, 1997.

I'm still waiting for that.......

Maybe you are not. It could be learning and plotting ...

TheFaQQer
14th November 2009, 22:22

Maybe it won, and we're all stuck in some kind of "matrix" and it's all pretend....

d000hg
14th November 2009, 23:08
Was it as good as The Day After Tomorrow? By 'good' I mean 'tragically bad'... The Core is in the same bracket of being so unintentionally bad it becomes rather a good comedy.

dang65
14th November 2009, 23:21
Save yer dosh!
I liked Mark Kermode's comment that the film dragged on so long that by the time he came out of the cinema he thought that it must actually be 2012.

:frown

TimberWolf
14th November 2009, 23:32
Hopefully, it'll be on the telly before the world ends.......

An airing on December 21st would be good for ratings. What's the betting they will. Or would that be in bad taste?

TimberWolf
14th November 2009, 23:34
Is there a full length trailer available anywhere on the Internet that doesn't require downloading dodgy software first?

gingerjedi
14th November 2009, 23:47
An airing on December 21st would be good for ratings. What's the betting they will. Or would that be in bad taste?

I reckon they should schedule the LHC to come online again 21/12/2012, just for a laugh.:laugh

eliquant
15th November 2009, 00:06
Amazingly detailed special effects, pseudo philosophy references, cheesy morality tales, lots of different story threads that dove tail nicely at the end, great performances by Woody Harrelson, John Cusack and Danny Glover and Chiwetel Ejiofor (Britain's black Robert De Niro).

yes though, it goes into cheesy family values and the preservation of our humanity Vs our self interests but don't let that put you off.

Its damned good fun, get out of the stormy weather, switch your brain off and go see.

norrahe
15th November 2009, 00:07
Is John Cusack getting desperate for cash?

I really thought this wasn't his bag :confused:

Like Eimmerich's films, this doesn't appeal.

HairyArsedBloke
15th November 2009, 00:10
Maybe it won, and we're all stuck in some kind of "matrix" and it's all pretend....

I think everything we know is in fact a simulation in a worst case scenario analysis. Lets face it, in the real world would we ever have a weirdo like the evil snot goblin as PM? :eek

OwlHoot
15th November 2009, 11:24

and trying, hitherto unsuccessfully, to get the hang of politics and economics by manipulating a horde of rewired droids called Labour MPs.