• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

80s TV drama with yuppies and a lion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80s TV drama with yuppies and a lion

What is the name of this TV drama I'm thinking of? I was too young to stay up and watch it at the time and I want to find it. Set in the 80s (but might have aired in the 90s). It was mainly about a load of yuppies in London but its distinguishing feature was there was a lion roaming round London at night eating people.
    or did I just dream it?

Closest thing I can think of is An American Werewolf in London
    The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

afraid not, and I'm sure my TV programme shows a strong influence, but this one was definitely a lion.
      "American Werewolf..." is good for a bit of Jenny Agutter, and the bit where a trip in a black cap costs about £1.30.

Comment

Well, I typed "drama lion yuppie london" in to Google and guess who was top of the list?

I think you must have dreamed it. I was allowed to stay up late, was almost certainly under the influence at the time and I don't remember it.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          Well, I typed "drama lion yuppie london" in to Google and guess who was top of the list?

I think you must have dreamed it. I was allowed to stay up late, was almost certainly under the influence at the time and I don't remember it.
          This is next on the google list
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            Google indexes this site so quickly it's very annoying! All I can hope for is that anybody else searching for the same thing will see my plight and help me. I'd be surprised if Ray Winstone was in it, unless he played the lion.

If I did dream it I'm going to sell the idea because it's a damn good one. I assumed the lion was a metaphor for Thatcherism.

Comment

An episode from the Young Ones or Hot Metal or a Monty Python sketch perhaps??
              The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                If I did dream it I'm going to sell the idea because it's a damn good one. I assumed the lion was a metaphor for Thatcherism.
                Not a very good metaphor then - Yuppies were the very embodiment of Thatcherism, which is why they were universally hated.

Maybe the lion was a metaphor for not being an odious w4nker - that's an idea that would frighten Yuppies.

To the tune of Knees Up Mother Brown:

**** off Yuppie scum,
                **** off Yuppie scum,
                Ee-i-ee-i-adio, we don't care where you go,
                You can go to blazes
                Or go to Kingdom come,
                But **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off Yuppie scum!

Wo-oh, **** off Yuppie scum,
                **** off Yuppie scum,
                **** off Yuppie scum,
                **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off Yuppie scum!
                Last edited by NickFitz; 15 November 2009, 05:51. Reason: No, best not circumvent the filter that much ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Not a very good metaphor then - Yuppies were the very embodiment of Thatcherism, which is why they were universally hated.
                  Look, I've got to see my broker at 12.00, but after that we can do lunch, yah, and talk it over then ?

Ciao
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Maybe the lion was a metaphor for not being an odious w4nker - that's an idea that would frighten Yuppies.

To the tune of Knees Up Mother Brown:

**** off Yuppie scum,
                    **** off Yuppie scum,
                    Ee-i-ee-i-adio, we don't care where you go,
                    You can go to blazes
                    Or go to Kingdom come,
                    But **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off Yuppie scum!

**** off Yuppie scum,
                    **** off Yuppie scum,
                    **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off Yuppie scum!
                    If that is the best you can produce then we really should stop paying for people to go through philosophy degrees. I think the majority of people on here would be classed as yuppies, IT contracting is a typical yuppie profession.

Comment

Working...
                    X