• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OK, own up. Who is responsible for this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, own up. Who is responsible for this?

Co-op customers attack IT flaws

Mr Palmer said he was told by staff at the Co-op's call centre that the system could only cope with a limited number of customers being online at any one time:

"They've said to me they'd been told by the IT department that once it hits 130 simultaneous users, it starts to fall over."

Looking on the business banking section of their website there are some useful hints :

* To make things easier, try avoiding busy times such as bank holidays and the end of the month.
    * Making more than 10 transactions? Download and fax the bill payments form to us.
    * If you receive an error message with "Corba" in it, your session will unfortunately have been timed out. Simply log out and try logging back in later.
    * If you have not used the service within 30 days, you will have to create a new password.
    Looks like sterling work on someone's part. Knowing the co-op it was probably built by their useless permies.

If you receive an error message with "Corba" in it, your session will unfortunately have been timed out. Simply log out and try logging back in later.

FFS

I remember printing out and reading the CORBA spec back when it first came out, around 1997. It gave the impression of being quite a cool thing, but then again, so did CGI Perl scripts at one time.

CORBA definitely belongs on the "seemed like a good idea when nobody really knew what the fsck they were doing" scrapheap of technology. I find it astonishing that people are still trying to make it work when it's so obviously the wrong way of doing things

Comment

The story was on Radio 4's Moneybox yesterday....

I may start a thread saying how wonderful Cater Allen is....

I always annoyingly sing their praises when Mrs T's about to go into 'Twat West' with a shotgun - following the local branch's latest 'service interuption' on her business acount.

Comment

John Hughes, the Director of Retail Products for Co-operative Financial Services admitted the system is flawed:

"It's just a fundamental design feature of the system.
        So, someone designed it to work this way???

Reassuring.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
          The story was on Radio 4's Moneybox yesterday....

I may start a thread saying how wonderful Cater Allen is....

I always annoyingly sing their praises when Mrs T's about to go into 'Twat West' with a shotgun - following the local branch's latest 'service interuption' on her business acount.

You wait until Santander "upgrades" the Cater Allen online system in the same way they "upgraded" Abbey's.....
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            You wait until Santander "upgrades" the Cater Allen online system in the same way they "upgraded" Abbey's.....
            Don't spoil it!!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              If you receive an error message with "Corba" in it, your session will unfortunately have been timed out. Simply log out and try logging back in later.

FFS

I remember printing out and reading the CORBA spec back when it first came out, around 1997. It gave the impression of being quite a cool thing, but then again, so did CGI Perl scripts at one time.

CORBA definitely belongs on the "seemed like a good idea when nobody really knew what the fsck they were doing" scrapheap of technology. I find it astonishing that people are still trying to make it work when it's so obviously the wrong way of doing things
              If I remember correctly it got decommissioned in 1998/9 where I was. I'm not sure it even made it into production.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
              X