PDA

View Full Version : OK, own up. Who is responsible for this?

Gonzo
15th November 2009, 05:01
Co-op customers attack IT flaws (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8359127.stm)

Mr Palmer said he was told by staff at the Co-op's call centre that the system could only cope with a limited number of customers being online at any one time:

"They've said to me they'd been told by the IT department that once it hits 130 simultaneous users, it starts to fall over."

:rollin:

Looking on the business banking section of their website there are some useful hints :

* To make things easier, try avoiding busy times such as bank holidays and the end of the month.
* Making more than 10 transactions? Download and fax the bill payments form to us.
* If you receive an error message with "Corba" in it, your session will unfortunately have been timed out. Simply log out and try logging back in later.
* If you have not used the service within 30 days, you will have to create a new password.

Looks like sterling work on someone's part. Knowing the co-op it was probably built by their useless permies. :laugh

NickFitz
15th November 2009, 05:18
If you receive an error message with "Corba" in it, your session will unfortunately have been timed out. Simply log out and try logging back in later.

FFS :laugh

I remember printing out and reading the CORBA spec back when it first came out, around 1997. It gave the impression of being quite a cool thing, but then again, so did CGI Perl scripts at one time.

CORBA definitely belongs on the "seemed like a good idea when nobody really knew what the fsck they were doing" scrapheap of technology. I find it astonishing that people are still trying to make it work when it's so obviously the wrong way of doing things :rolleyes:

Tingles
15th November 2009, 09:33
The story was on Radio 4's Moneybox yesterday....

I may start a thread saying how wonderful Cater Allen is....

I always annoyingly sing their praises when Mrs T's about to go into 'Twat West' with a shotgun - following the local branch's latest 'service interuption' on her business acount.

;)

TheFaQQer
15th November 2009, 09:54
John Hughes, the Director of Retail Products for Co-operative Financial Services admitted the system is flawed:

"It's just a fundamental design feature of the system.

So, someone designed it to work this way???

Reassuring.

TheFaQQer
15th November 2009, 09:55
The story was on Radio 4's Moneybox yesterday....

I may start a thread saying how wonderful Cater Allen is....

I always annoyingly sing their praises when Mrs T's about to go into 'Twat West' with a shotgun - following the local branch's latest 'service interuption' on her business acount.

;)

You wait until Santander "upgrades" the Cater Allen online system in the same way they "upgraded" Abbey's.....

Tingles
15th November 2009, 09:59
You wait until Santander "upgrades" the Cater Allen online system in the same way they "upgraded" Abbey's.....

Don't spoil it!!

Sysman
15th November 2009, 10:48
If you receive an error message with "Corba" in it, your session will unfortunately have been timed out. Simply log out and try logging back in later.

FFS :laugh

I remember printing out and reading the CORBA spec back when it first came out, around 1997. It gave the impression of being quite a cool thing, but then again, so did CGI Perl scripts at one time.

CORBA definitely belongs on the "seemed like a good idea when nobody really knew what the fsck they were doing" scrapheap of technology. I find it astonishing that people are still trying to make it work when it's so obviously the wrong way of doing things :rolleyes:

If I remember correctly it got decommissioned in 1998/9 where I was. I'm not sure it even made it into production.