PDA

View Full Version : I'm a celebrity get me out of here

TimberWolf
15th November 2009, 11:28
The line-up (http://celebrity.itv.com/2009/TheCelebrities) looks boring this year, but then again it seemed like that last year too. No really big celebrities, except maybe Sam Fox. Jimmy White is in there too.

Oddly enough, I thought Kim Woodburn had been on before. She starts out tough and matriarch like, but is soon overthrown and reduced to tears by bigger characters :confused:

minestrone
15th November 2009, 11:36
Justin & Colin, why?

I suppose they are used to putting things in their mouth that do not belong in there.

They lived across the road from me until recently, hardly celebs.

TimberWolf
15th November 2009, 11:41
Looks like it's one more for the ladies this year, with no really good female totty. Unless you count an aged Sam Fox. Not sure about Camilla Dallerup and the others as I don't watch Eastenders/Come Dancing and the other parp shows where they get them from.

TheFaQQer
15th November 2009, 12:22
Looks like it's one more for the ladies this year, with no really good female totty. Unless you count an aged Sam Fox. Not sure about Camilla Dallerup and the others as I don't watch Eastenders/Come Dancing and the other parp shows where they get them from.

Camilla left strictly last year. Her winning freestyle last year with Tom was very impressive, though.

TimberWolf
15th November 2009, 12:30
Camilla left strictly last year. Her winning freestyle last year with Tom was very impressive, though.

So she's decent totty then?

TheFaQQer
15th November 2009, 12:43
So she's decent totty then?

I only watch it for the dancing. In 2006 she was the face and legs for Aristoc stockings, though.

Zippy
15th November 2009, 12:49
I'm a Celeb is the only one of these shows I watch. You always end up cheering for the person you thought you'd hate :)

TheFaQQer
15th November 2009, 13:26
I'm a Celeb is the only one of these shows I watch. You always end up cheering for the person you thought you'd hate :)

Like David Van Day and Timmy Mallett?

I quickly went off Brian Paddick last year, having had quite a bit of tiime for him previously.

Zippy
15th November 2009, 13:31
Like David Van Day and Timmy Mallett?

I quickly went off Brian Paddick last year, having had quite a bit of tiime for him previously.

No, not Timmy Mallet. I was praying for an invasion of funnel-web spiders :D
Carol Thatcher is a good example. I thought she'd be up herself but she turned out to be a really good sport.

Edit: I know I'll get slated for saying this, but Jordan was pretty good too

TheFaQQer
15th November 2009, 13:41
No, not Timmy Mallet. I was praying for an invasion of funnel-web spiders :D
Carol Thatcher is a good example. I thought she'd be up herself but she turned out to be a really good sport.

Edit: I know I'll get slated for saying this, but Jordan was pretty good too

Each to their own, Z.

I quite liked Timmy because of the way he wound up all the girls that were quite bitchy to those not in their little clique.

Zippy
15th November 2009, 13:49
I look forward to some decent arguments over the next three weeks :)
I suppose the half-witted 'I shagged a footballer' girlies have to be there, but I wish there was another way.

Alf W
15th November 2009, 15:00
Thank god we've got Nickleodeon to provide some kind of superior mental stimulation in the face of all these low-brow reality shows and American rubbish. If I paid my TV licence, I'd be cancelling it in protest!

On a related note I've noticed no paps outside Kerry Katona's house on a Sunday morning now for three weeks on the trot so it looks like her 'celeb' bubble has finally burst.

Zippy
15th November 2009, 15:04
Kerry Katona is not a celeb! :eek:

minestrone
15th November 2009, 17:32
I think the word celebrity and it's definition is changing quite quickly, the Queen is celebrated but is not a celebrity, Jordan is not celebrated and is a celebrity. 100 years ago it was a compliment to say 'you smell'.

TimberWolf
15th November 2009, 17:34
I think the word celebrity and it's definition is changing quite quickly, the Queen is celebrated but is not a celebrity, Jordan is not celebrated and is a celebrity. 100 years ago it was a compliment to say 'you smell'.

I wonder what's the most offensive thing you could say today that was a compliment 100 years ago? How about you smell and are gay?

minestrone
15th November 2009, 17:50
50 years ago you would have been OK to say you had a 'gay affair', now you might get a bottle chucked at you if you said it too loud in the wrong pub.

EternalOptimist
15th November 2009, 18:25
I wonder what's the most offensive thing you could say today that was a compliment 100 years ago? How about you smell and are gay?

You are a fine Englishman. Just the sort the empire needs, now bugger orf and kill a few fuzzies, theres a good chap.

:rolleyes:

TheFaQQer
15th November 2009, 20:29
Kerry Katona is not a celeb! :eek:

Have they had an actual celebrity on IACGMOOH yet?

TimberWolf
15th November 2009, 21:51
LOL. For someone that doesn't like spiders, having to do a task to put one in your mouth must be great. An ugly critter is was too. :yay:

TimberWolf
15th November 2009, 21:54
Have they had an actual celebrity on IACGMOOH yet?

Martina Navratilova?

TheFaQQer
15th November 2009, 21:55
Martina Navratilova?

OK, I'll give you that one.

And George Takei.

minestrone
15th November 2009, 21:56
Sam fox looks great for her age, primary 7 in school and we were all trying to get a copy of sam fox strip poker for the spectrum. Looks like she is in her 30s now.

Makes it even better to know she licks the wrong side of the stamp as well.

Jesus the just signal went!!

TheFaQQer
15th November 2009, 22:01
OK, I'll give you that one.

And George Takei.

And Jason Donovan.

Zippy
15th November 2009, 22:09
Sam Fox is doing OK

TimberWolf
15th November 2009, 22:19
Jordan in next?

gingerjedi
15th November 2009, 22:21
Sam fox looks great for her age, primary 7 in school and we were all trying to get a copy of sam fox strip poker for the spectrum. Looks like she is in her 30s now.

Makes it even better to know she licks the wrong side of the stamp as well.

Jesus the just signal went!!

She's only 43.

Glad to see Jimmy White has beaten baldness.:laugh

TimberWolf
15th November 2009, 22:27
No bickering yet, but early days.

TykeMerc
15th November 2009, 22:30
I completely hate these types of programmes, can this thread be moved to Light Relief where it belongs please?

I never will understand why people watch this kind of (for want of a better and still printable term) "entertainment".

minestrone
15th November 2009, 22:35
I completely hate these types of programmes, can this thread be moved to Light Relief where it belongs please?

I never will understand why people watch this kind of (for want of a better and still printable term) "entertainment".

You are right, can we all limit this forum to IR35 and how to set up a limited company threads.

TykeMerc
15th November 2009, 22:42
You are right, can we all limit this forum to IR35 and how to set up a limited company threads.

I don't mean that, but with these "reality" shows the discussions are endless (as are the programmes) and of interest to relatively few posters. There's no content to any of this type of programme other than what pointless tosser A did/said/complained to pointless tosser B and people wobbling on interminably about the feeble antics of the whole group of mindless pillocks in the house/jungle/boat/volcanic crater.

I detest this type of programme with a passion.

I'd rather see threads about football and I find that game less interesting than watching paint dry.

TimberWolf
15th November 2009, 23:17
I don't mean that, but with these "reality" shows the discussions are endless (as are the programmes) and of interest to relatively few posters. There's no content to any of this type of programme other than what pointless tosser A did/said/complained to pointless tosser B and people wobbling on interminably about the feeble antics of the whole group of mindless pillocks in the house/jungle/boat/volcanic crater.

I'd rather see threads about football and I find that game less interesting than watching paint dry.

I bet you watch it really.

Zippy
15th November 2009, 23:19

I'd rather see threads like this than the "mine's bigger than yours", bigoted and misogynistic crap we often get on here

gingerjedi
16th November 2009, 08:32

Totally agree except... this one has desperate z-listers that are willing to humiliate themselves in a vain effort to get noticed, the Victorian freakshow is back.:banana:

sweetandsour
16th November 2009, 09:13
Totally agree except... this one has desperate z-listers that are willing to humiliate themselves in a vain effort to get noticed, the Victorian freakshow is back.:banana:A vain effort to get noticed, a holiday in Australia and £65,000.

I have to say that I would be tempted.

gingerjedi
16th November 2009, 09:41
A vain effort to get noticed, a holiday in Australia and £65,000.

I have to say that I would be tempted.

Have you played a bit part in a soap?

sweetandsour
16th November 2009, 10:07
Have you played a bit part in a soap?I have even less claim to fame than any of this year's contestants. :frown

TimberWolf
16th November 2009, 10:26
Okay, how many of you practising arachnophobics would be willing to put an ugly long-legged spider in your mouth and leave it there for 30 seconds, after having witnessed the previous incumbent with horror, legs dangling down chin and all? Would it cure your phobia or make it worse? At least he didn't have to eat it - which will probably be left as a bush tucker trial.

Jordan goes in (again) today, so expect Andre related antics. Not that I will be watching this stuff as it is beneath me, or be laughing out loud at Ant and Dec's mischievous antics and the awful things they get the starving 'celebs' to do :eyes

EternalOptimist
16th November 2009, 10:29
Some of the buggers I saw there wouldn't fit into your microwave, never mind your mouth

<shivers>

Ruse
16th November 2009, 10:33
Jordan goes in (again) today

Why on earth is she doing it again ? Does she need the money, the publicity, to find a new partner ? Or is she just addicted to being in the full spotlight of the media machine ?

TimberWolf
16th November 2009, 11:08
Why on earth is she doing it again ? Does she need the money, the publicity, to find a new partner ? Or is she just addicted to being in the full spotlight of the media machine ?

"I'm going back in because it's an amazing experience, I'm a working mum and I want closure on the fairytale that I had," says Katie.
http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?Tired_Katie_Price_in_Im_A_Celebrity_h otel_lobby_rant&in_article_id=770549&in_page_id=7

So an opportunity to get things off her [surgeon's] chest. She might get naked too.

Zippy
16th November 2009, 12:10

There are 350,000 reasons.

TheFaQQer
16th November 2009, 12:33
Jordan goes in (again) today

Her boyfriend is also meant to be going in at some stage.

Wouldn't it be funny if they sent Peter Andre in instead?

original PM
16th November 2009, 13:38
it would be more funny if it was called

"I'm a limelight hogging tw@ with no talent please punch me in the face until my spleen falls out"

realityhack
16th November 2009, 14:06

Atypical is the opposite of typical
Asymmetrical is the opposite of symmetrical
Amuse is the opposite of muse, from the root: To think.

Hence, amusement is the act of not thinking.

it would be more funny if it was called

"I'm a limelight hogging tw@ with no talent please punch me in the face until my spleen falls out"

:rollin:

EternalOptimist
16th November 2009, 14:14
Atypical is the opposite of typical
Asymmetrical is the opposite of symmetrical
Amuse is the opposite of muse, from the root: To think.

Hence, amusement is the act of not thinking.

:rollin:

Then I guess these types of show are watched by people who lack soul

or @ssholes

Zippy
16th November 2009, 21:59
Katie Price gets to do the trial - what a surprise!

TheFaQQer
16th November 2009, 22:12
Katie Price gets to do the trial - what a surprise!

Couldn't see that one coming. It's kind of like when John Fashanu was in it, is scared of heights, and they had to cross the really high rope bridge to get to the trial area.

And the public voted him to do the trial 5 days running...

Team Andre!

Zippy
16th November 2009, 22:17
She'll be expecting it and she'll do OK.

TimberWolf
16th November 2009, 22:38
It's a bit Zzzzz so far. I just tried my 3D specs on Channel 4 and they are rubbish too.

TheFaQQer
18th November 2009, 13:19
Camilla has left.

Linky (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8366022.stm).

To be replaced with Joe Bugner.

Zippy
18th November 2009, 13:23
Camilla has left.

She did seem to be in a bit of a state. The camp needs people with a bit of fat on them.

TimberWolf
18th November 2009, 13:26
She was looking a bit sickly. Boring as feck too. Bugner will be a big improvement, now if only they could replace some of the other boring ones too...

Good comment from Gino yesterday though, about not speaking to his wife for 24 hours if she burped or frated.

Xenophon
18th November 2009, 13:36
Camilla has left.

At least he'll have bigger tits.

Zippy
18th November 2009, 13:40
Good comment from Gino yesterday though, about not speaking to his wife for 24 hours if she burped or frated.

If that rule was imposed at Chez Zip it would be like living in a Trappist monastery.

TheFaQQer
18th November 2009, 13:43
If that rule was imposed at Chez Zip it would be like living in a Trappist monastery.

WSS

TheFaQQer
4th December 2009, 20:32
So - who's going to win tonight?

I'm going for

1 - Gino
2 - Jimmy
3 - Annoying fat cow

TimberWolf
4th December 2009, 20:36
So - who's going to win tonight?

I'm going for

1 - Gino
2 - Jimmy
3 - Annoying fat cow

Agreed about no.3, I've no idea what the voters have seen in her. I was disappointed at the way Bugner went, as he seemed a gent. I expect Gino will win, but would prefer White, who seems like a decent chap. I never vote on those things.

TheFaQQer
4th December 2009, 20:45
Didn't see Joe go out - I liked him.

I can't believe that Kym has stayed so long, luvvie.

I don't really want any of the three that are left to win it - none are a patch on Tuffers.

Clippy
4th December 2009, 20:55
Agreed about no.3, I've no idea what the voters have seen in her. I was disappointed at the way Bugner went, as he seemed a gent. I expect Gino will win, but would prefer White, who seems like a decent chap. I never vote on those things.

She's gobbie and stirs things up - always good for TV.

Preferred winning order:

Gino
White
Mammaries

TimberWolf
4th December 2009, 22:16
A well deserved win after his bush tucker trial. It was funny when he showed his mouth to Dek and had to pause to grimace before showing his mouth to Ant. Also sucking worms up like spaghetti :rollin: