• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parity

Did anyone have experience with Parity.net ?
    I've got a contract from them. Rather unfair terms and conditions from my perspective.

Any comments? Can Parity be trusted?

Get the contract checked by Bauer & Cottrell or QDOS, they will negotiate the contract on your behalf if there is anything unfair there.

Do a search in the Contracts/Business forum for Parity.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Bad experiences here, but that was 6-7 years ago.

Take cojak's advice.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I contracted through Parity for 18 months. Had no problems with them at all, apart from a rather frustrating, somewhat antiquated timesheet system - they still run off paper carbon copies that need to be posted in to them.

Agent turned up a week after I started to take me to lunch to check that everything was running smoothly. She was completely open about their commission, too - without being prompted, she told me the rate (and I checked it on the invoicing system to make sure )

QDOS found three things that needed to be changed in the contract - no problem whatsoever getting it changed. Next day, new contract arrived in my email.

I'd work with them again.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Many thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately I don't have time for the contract review by QDOS. It normally take 5 days to get the contract reviewed.

Comment

Originally posted by ipguy View Post

Unfortunately I don't have time for the contract review by QDOS. It normally take 5 days to get the contract reviewed.
            Why not call them and see if they can do it quicker? I've always found them to be very helpful.
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              Why not call them and see if they can do it quicker? I've always found them to be very helpful.
              Have spoken to them. 2 days is the minimum.

Comment

Have spoken to them. 2 days is the minimum.
                You ALWAYS have time to get the contract reviewed - make time.

If the agency cannot see that you need to get the contract reviewed by your legal advisors, then you need to convince them that you are minimizing THEIR risk by having it reviewed.

Get the contract sent over to QDOS or B&C for review now. Then explain to the agency that you are just waiting for confirmation from legal before proceeding.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I totally agree that a review of Parity's contract is necessary.
                  But if they continue to mess me around with VAT, I'll hardly wish to sign it off.
                  Last edited by ipguy; 16 November 2009, 10:32.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    You ALWAYS have time to get the contract reviewed - make time.

If the agency cannot see that you need to get the contract reviewed by your legal advisors, then you need to convince them that you are minimizing THEIR risk by having it reviewed.

Get the contract sent over to QDOS or B&C for review now. Then explain to the agency that you are just waiting for confirmation from legal before proceeding.
                    WHS..

In fact the concern is - if the agency cannot see that you need to get the contract reviewed by your legal advisors, then it smells bad because they might not want you looking at it too closely...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X