• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

About to start a new contract in Belgium

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to start a new contract in Belgium

Hi all,

I would be very grateful for some clear cut and straight forward advice on this.

I have a UK Ltd company and am due to start a contract in Brussels.

I had read through the various related threads, spoken to a number of "ManCo" reps and my own accountant. I'm a little reluctant to go via the ManCos (e.g. Pearl, Access Financials, PBP, ITEC, etc.) simply because they feel a little risky.

Essentially, I would like to hear from somebody who is contracting in Belgium via their own UK Ltd and address the following:
    • what are the main differences between contracting in the UK vs. Belgium, from a tax perspective?
    • what are the prerequisites to setting up (e.g. a little more on LIMOSA and e101 would be helpful)?
    • is it true that if i simply continue to pay UK tax (NIC, PAYE, etc.) i do not need to pay any Belgian tax (as long as I stay within the 183 days)?
    • i will be paid in euros, should i continue using my existing UK business account or should i setup a "euro account"?
    • how can i improve my retention on earnings generated?
    • anything else you think i should consider?

Any responses will be gratefully received.

Regards,
    S

Are you sure you have searched the forums? I see a post that is directly above this which appears to answer most of your questions

and thats in this business forum. I just noticed there is one rumbling around the top of the accounting one on a similar vein.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 16 November 2009, 10:15.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Have a read here
      I am not an expert, just someone who has experienced things first hand. If you need expert advice then seek out a qualified expert. My opinions are just that, my opinions. I could be wrong, and laws change, so trust nothing I say

Comment

Working...
      X