• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm Lucky says my PIMP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Lucky says my PIMP

I contatcted my PIMP as I was not happy with the Ts&Cs of a contract extension.

He says that 'I am Lucky' that I had contacted him when I did as he was about to tell the customer I had accepted and Signed, the new contract.

Is this common PIMPS telling end clients all is well, without actually communicating with the end Contractor?

I ask as this also happened on my previous extension, albeit with a different PIMP but at the same agency.
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Originally posted by MrsGoof
    I contatcted my PIMP as I was not happy with the Ts&Cs of a contract extension.

He says that 'I am Lucky' that I had contacted him when I did as he was about to tell the customer I had accepted and Signed, the new contract.

Is this common PIMPS telling end clients all is well, without actually communicating with the end Contractor?

I ask as this also happened on my previous extension, albeit with a different PIMP but at the same agency.
    Yep its very common an agent saying to the client you have signed when you haven't. Then the agent starts screaming when you don't sign to cover his backside and if you don't probably says you broke the contract but you are not in on that conversation.

Unfortunately for one agent this really backfired when my CV was sent without my permission to a PM who I had worked with before. Without interview he decided to take me on and this agent (who had a "future" in his company) said to the client I had agreed to start. I was unaware at this point I'd even been put forward. The agent calls me and first insists that I asked him to put me forward then has the audacity to claim he had a telephone recording of me stating I would accept the contract. When I said no he said he would take me to court etc etc. It was quite laughable but this agent in his desperation kept ringing every hour for 2 days. He was obviously some plonker just out of university who thought he knew it all.

Comment

he didn't work for Project Fartners did he ?

Comment

Working...
      X