• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Ghost Trees"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Ghost Trees"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8361486.stm

Stumps of 10 trees from a rainforest, complete with their roots, will be placed around Trafalgar Square to highlight the issue of climate change.
    Yet more climate change nonsense.

This is de-forestation on a massive scale, a far more environmentally destructive process than climate change. In fact raising temperatures and sea levels and wiping out a large amount of the human population will be good for the rain forests and the environment in general as bio diversity will increase.
    Coffee's for closers

Many trees are being cut down so that bio-fuel crops can be grown for vast profit (due to Carbon levies and trading) to improve our environment.

Madness. Only twonks like sasguru still think it all makes sense.

Comment

We're burning trees for power stations as well - bringing 'em in from S. America and Canada. Can anyone spot the irony?

The Times Online

Probably more to do with the EU Landfill Directive than anything else...
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

No one seems to have discovered a link between human population growth and climate change and the rate at which we use fossil fuels, although light bulbs definitely seem to be part of the problem.

Comment

Are these "ghost trees" available in Farmville yet?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
          X