PDA

View Full Version : Where's all the doom?

DiscoStu
16th November 2009, 11:47
Unless given any evidence to the contrary, I'm going to assume that our glorious leader has indeed saved the world; and that the economic powerhouse of UK PLC he's created has started firing on all cylinders again.

BrilloPad
16th November 2009, 11:48
Unless given any evidence to the contrary, I'm going to assume that our glorious leader has indeed saved the world; and the economic powerhouse of UK PLC that he's created has started firing on all cylinders again.

Maybe the plebs will agree with you and vote GB back in......

DiscoStu
16th November 2009, 11:49
Maybe the plebs will agree with you and vote GB back in......

:suicide:

OwlHoot
16th November 2009, 12:07
Would this 2012 doomsday scenario have something to do with IPv4 addresses running out about then?

(after a preceding run on IPv4 allocation requests, causing general panic)

swamp
16th November 2009, 12:12
On the public sector gravy train there is no doom. :D

TimberWolf
16th November 2009, 12:39
Actor Edward Woodward dies at 79 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8362367.stm)

DimPrawn
16th November 2009, 12:45
One man's doom is another man's ticket to ride the new bubble to incredible wealth.

You have to hand it to New Labour. First they make you rich on the property bubble and then they print money and cause a bubble in everything else and you just pile in and make another fortune.

TimberWolf
16th November 2009, 12:54
One man's doom is another man's ticket to ride the new bubble to incredible wealth.

You have to hand it to New Labour. First they make you rich on the property bubble and then they print money and cause a bubble in everything else and you just pile in and make another fortune.

Rising house prices don't make you rich though, do they? It makes houses more expensive.

DimPrawn
16th November 2009, 13:32
Rising house prices don't make you rich though, do they? It makes houses more expensive.

It does when you buy them, they double in value and you sell them.

The difference is called profit and you can go out and spend it.

Sysman
16th November 2009, 13:37
It does when you buy them, they double in value and you sell them.

The difference is called profit and you can go out and spend it.

Only if you have a nice comfy spot under a bridge in mind.

dang65
16th November 2009, 13:38
Actor Edward Woodward dies at 79 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8362367.stm)
Ewar Woowar ies? :(

DimPrawn
16th November 2009, 13:39

Not your own house, but the ones you bought when there was a massive global credit boom and house prices were rising 15% per month.

Don't tell me you didn't buy and sell property over the last ten or fifteen years?

TimberWolf
16th November 2009, 14:04

Yeah, rising house prices are bad news if you want a bigger house or new house. Unless you have n houses when houses have risen n times. The more house prices rise, the more houses you need to move up. Boomed.

Doggy Styles
16th November 2009, 14:09
Unless given any evidence to the contrary, I'm going to assume that our glorious leader has indeed saved the world; and that the economic powerhouse of UK PLC he's created has started firing on all cylinders again.All Gordon's so-called blunders over the past 12 years were part of a grand master-plan to create utopia, which is just around the corner.

MrMark
16th November 2009, 16:51

OY! Keep your thieving eyes off this comfy spot under a bridge. It's all I've got left since I was evicted by DP's BTL sharks!