• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

weird facts about Microsoft Windows

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird facts about Microsoft Windows

1. Nobody can create a folder named “Con”

2. Write in Notepad the following text : “Bush hid the facts” (without quotes) then Save the file and exit Notepad. Now open the file

3. Open Microsoft Word and on the first line write : “=rand(200,99)” (without the quotes) and hit Enter.

Wasn't there a whole flight simulator hidden in Word at one time?

Comment

My version of Word just hangs now. (Not as a consequence of doing the above, but after I downloaded an MS office freebee from MS some months ago).

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Wasn't there a whole flight simulator hidden in Word at one time?
        Excel 97

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Excel 97
          Ah, yes

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Excel 97
            I remember going apeshyte about that one, and wondering what-the-hell-else might be lurking.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Here's some more little factettes.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                1. Nobody can create a folder named “Con”

2. Write in Notepad the following text : “Bush hid the facts” (without quotes) then Save the file and exit Notepad. Now open the file

3. Open Microsoft Word and on the first line write : “=rand(200,99)” (without the quotes) and hit Enter.
                1 - Con is the name of the "Console device" enables you to create a file using standard console commands fromm the command line. copy con test.txt <ctrl> z to terminate the edit.

As for the rest of the sh!te, Microsoft should write stuff that works and stop f**king about!

Comment

Go into Powerpoint, create a new presentation and put the following onto the Title area:

All Mac users are gay

It doesn't do anything, but would make a good opening slide.

Comment

Here's a weird fact about Microsoft Windows that took me 20 years to learn:

I don't need it.
                    Step outside posh boy

Comment

Working...
                    X