• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for those that have gone permie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for those that have gone permie

I've seen a few people say that they have gone permie during the downturn, or are considering doing so.

Question I have is whether any of you still continue with PCG membership or some other kind of protection against an IR35 investigation. My worst case scenario would be to take a permie job and then get clobbered with an IR35 investigation just after I cancel my PCG membership, Qdos insurance etc. etc.

Do you still need to continue your coverage for another 6 years after you stop contracting? Or would the PCG still cover you for any investigation based on you being a member when the alleged offence took place?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

I remained a member after going permie, with the intent of remaining a member until 7 years were up.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I doubt you will get any replies on here : any permies will have handed in their cuk username

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I doubt you will get any replies on here : any permies will have handed in their cuk username

should have

There are still some lurking around.

Comment

Just close up your company. This won't preclude you from an IR35 investigation, but it makes it all the more unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
            Just close up your company. This won't preclude you from an IR35 investigation, but it makes it all the more unlikely.
            I recycle my ltd companies every few years.

Difficult to ask for a PAYE audit on a company that no longer exists.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I recycle my ltd companies every few years.

Difficult to ask for a PAYE audit on a company that no longer exists.
              isn't there any downside to it ?
              you get whacked for extra tax when you take the dosh out
              which you wouldn't ,if you keep the same company running .

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                You can take all the money out via a dividend or do what I did and extract it out as a capital gain. Ask your accountant.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                  It's called Phoenixing and if you do it regularly may well attract Hector's attention to you for the obvious reasons. I've done it once but for a genuine reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruse View Post
                    It's called Phoenixing and if you do it regularly may well attract Hector's attention to you for the obvious reasons. I've done it once but for a genuine reason.
                    I've only done it 272 times.

So far so good.

Comment

Working...
                    X