• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A message to India based recruitment consultants...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A message to India based recruitment consultants...

If you can't speak English I won't talk to you.

Simples.

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Simples.
    I've got a company website, cos I'm a company like, well outside IR35 you see, and over the last two weeks I've had about 10 call from India, people actually looking for work (idividuals) ... perhaps the downturn is hitting them hard too ...

Comment

Simples.
      Sorry, can you say that in Hindi please?

Comment

I dont mean to be harsh, but even if you CAN speak English, you can fck off.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I have had 3 Indian software houses contact me in the past couple of months offering my British company their plenty quickness at much cheapness.

I just told them where to go, how fast, and for free.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Simples.
            I had one last week who immediately upped the day rate by £100 when I told them I wouldn't talk to them at the rate they quoted.

I still wasn't interested.

I'd mind yer backs all you (Brit) pimps out there!
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Simples.
              Understanding English would help too....

Indian Recruiter "I have a Sales Director position that would interest you"

Me "I'm not in Sales so I am not interested"

IR "I have seen your CV this position would suit you very well"

Me "I'm not in Sales..." etc until I just hung up

and being (British) Indian myself I am embarrassed at these people giving Indians a bad name !
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                Understanding English would help too....

Indian Recruiter "I have a Sales Director position that would interest you"

Me "I'm not in Sales so I am not interested"

IR "I have seen your CV this position would suit you very well"

Me "I'm not in Sales..." etc until I just hung up

I think this is just a symptom of being an agent and is not nationality specific.

Comment

I got one for contracts at Deutsche Bank about 1.5 years ago, at first when he called I thought it was a scam and politely declined.

He called again the next day and when I quizzed them and found that they had no office registered in England I got concerned, when he realized I had picked up on this problem he told ME to p-off plenty quickly and ended the conversation abruptly.

oh deary me.

Comment

I love it when agents end a call accusing you of waisting their time!

Comment

Working...
                    X