• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors told that we are going to be offered permie roles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractors told that we are going to be offered permie roles

As the title thread suggests.

I asked why and was told :

The powers that be want to ensure loyalty and teamwork.

Apparently there will be a rate cut however.

Hmmm.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Yep, forcing people to do things they don't want to do and cutting the amount of money they make is a proven method for ensuring loyalty and creating a happy team

Comment

To be honest, if you don't want the job, there are plenty on the bench who'll take your place. This "Credit Crunch/Recession" has been very well-planned it seems..
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post

Hmmm.
        OMG a rate cut?? but that will mean less shopping for me
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          OMG a rate cut?? but that will mean less shopping for me
          Perhaps we'll get a xmas bonus then :-)
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Hmmm.
            Free overtime

Are you going to accept?

Edit: I love the way companies bang on about loyalty etc. when we all know that at the slightest sniff of reduced profits, (i.e. bonuses for the bosses) they'll ditch you.
            Last edited by Zippy; 16 November 2009, 18:42.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Hmmm.
              My words in these situations is to tell the client: “I am an IT whore. Like a sex whore I may seem expensive but I am good at what I do that’s why you paid me to be here. Don’t make an arse of yourself by asking a whore to marry you just after she’s satisfied you.”
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                My words in these situations is to tell the client: “I am an IT whore. Like a sex whore I may seem expensive but I am good at what I do that’s why you paid me to be here. Don’t make an arse of yourself by asking a whore to marry you just after she’s satisfied you.”
                Are you suggesting BGG is living off immoral earnings?
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

They want you to be motivated by something other than money...
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    Chortle - One for the quotes file.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X