• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Children in need

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Children in need

So as the top 5% of earners I imagine we'll all be giving generously?
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    So as the top 5% of earners I imagine we'll all be giving generously?
    Speak for yourself. I'm firmly in the bottom 1% of earners at the moment.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Yes, they will have all of the coppers I collect in the top of my desk for the purpose each year. I might even get the missus to bake something for the cake sale...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Despite my straightened circumstances, I promise to give them no less than I have done in previous years.

Bugger all.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Toolpusher
          Still better than me. I'm not even an earner.....
          WHS
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Begathons annoy me so I'll give the same I have in previous years.

Naff all...

Bah humbug and bollards to the "celebrity fundraisers", as we all know these begathons are about exposure for celebs.

I give to charities that I believe in (a local hospice helped a neighbour die with dignity) and there are a couple of others, beyond those I ignore all tin rattlers.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Speak for yourself. I'm firmly in the bottom 1% of earners at the moment.
              +1

Comment

1. Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
                2. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
                3. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
                4. That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

Comment

not a big fan of these things, I set up standing orders to the charities I wish to support and give monthly. No fuss, no bother and no need for the BBC to make several hours of television from it.
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I missed the deadline for my timesheet last week. So I'm in the bottom 0% of earners until next monday.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X