• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here it comes!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here it comes!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8363656.stm

A key measure of UK inflation has risen for the first time since February, official figures have shown.

The Consumer Prices Index (CPI) climbed to 1.5% in October, up from 1.1% in September.

Meanwhile, the Retail Prices Index (RPI) inflation measure, which includes mortgage interest payments and housing costs, rose to -0.8% from -1.4%.

Better order them wheel-barrows now whilst you can still afford them.

In the history books it'll be written the crash happened in October, but everyone was in a river in Egypt for a goodly while.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

In a way we've had high inflation for the last decade haven't we? In house prices. It's just that the inflation measures didn't take house prices into account, so people thought they were getting richer whereas in fact they were getting poorer. Especially non-house owners and those who ever want to buy bigger houses.

Comment

It was always on its way. Happens everytime after QE. For me, it's great news, can't wait til I start earning some interest and pick up a few cheap properties ...

Those that have spent all their mortgage money they've been saving due to low interest rates will be in for a hard time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
          It was always on its way. Happens everytime after QE. For me, it's great news, can't wait til I start earning some interest and pick up a few cheap properties ...

Those that have spent all their mortgage money they've been saving due to low interest rates will be in for a hard time.
          Periods of high inflation aren't good times for savers though are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post

money printing

Inflation in Russia in 1992 was around 2100% per annum, next year was much better though - only 700%

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              depends on the interest rates, surely
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                But they are great for debtors. Some high inflation would do wonders for the spending deficit - what luck for the government that it would come along so unexpectedly.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Inflation in Russia in 1992 was around 2100% per annum, next year was much better though - only 700%
                  Wow! I hope you had a mortgage on a house or two during that time to take advantage.

Comment

My debts will all be deflated away
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X