• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Missing contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing contracting

Need 2 days off work to look after suddenly widowed elderly relative at other end of UK.

No support from boss, his reply was project in the sheit and I was needed.

Told him straight family has to come first, and I would see him on Thursday.

Boss sent email to me last night wanting to call me about the project saying he did not understand.

Thankfully no company 3G card and no broadnand where I am going.

This firm is my life now, seriously thinking about going back to contracting.

Will see how things are when I return!

I don't know how anyone can put up with that crap again after going contracting. Fair enough if mouths have to be fed etc, but I wouldn't last 2 mins!!!!

Return to the fold ...

Comment

Gosh, it made me angry just reading it. There ought to be some standard defense in law for twatting someone, and that would be a useful example of a case where you'd be not guilty. That is a boss that is in need of a serious shoeing.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Back in permiedom days, when my teenage nephew died I had to take a day's holiday leave for the funeral as he wasn't immediate family so it couldn't be taken as compassionate leave.

My line manager, the Senior Programmer, approved my leave request contrary to the instructions from his boss the Systems Manager, who said a nephew is too remote a family member to warrant approval of short notice leave.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          Need 2 days off work to look after suddenly widowed elderly relative at other end of UK.

No support from boss, his reply was project in the sheit and I was needed.

Told him straight family has to come first, and I would see him on Thursday.

Boss sent email to me last night wanting to call me about the project saying he did not understand.

Thankfully no company 3G card and no broadnand where I am going.

This firm is my life now, seriously thinking about going back to contracting.

Will see how things are when I return!

Which just goes to show that when it comes to work, honesty is not the best policy: you should have just bunked off for 2 days and phoned in sick.

Which is what everyone else does these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            Which just goes to show that when it comes to work, honesty is not the best policy: you should have just bunked off for 2 days and phoned in sick.

Which is what everyone else does these days.
            WHS -

People in this country have no sense of (extended) family responsibility.
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
            X