• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dubai

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dubai

Anyone catch the Dubai Dreams last night? Seems similar to London. A city full of people who just want to have their photos taken for Hello magazine. Except they are smart enough to live in a hot, safe and tax free country.

Wonder if there are any jobs there. The wife wants to join in, she hears the shopping is endless.

S.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
    Wonder if there are any jobs there. The wife wants to join in, she hears the shopping is endless.

S.
    Mine just wants a suite at the Burj Al-Arab......
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Tke her to the Jumara(sp) Beach hotel, she can sit and look at it!

Its an amzing Hotel, my standard room had a shower big enough 6 people, a bed as large as a swimming pool (well a very smal one), views o ghte sea and pool.
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Seems like they're ploughing billions into the place at the moment. Trump's new hotel looks quite nice as well.

Just hope Dubai stays in al-Qaeda's good books...

Comment

Just how much more phallic could that be?

The architect obviously designed it while having a quick bit of R&R in the loos.

Comment

Just to show the other side of things:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...es/4538523.stm

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
              Seems like they're ploughing billions into the place at the moment.
              I heard that due to overshooting their budget they're gradually increasing the planned occupancy density, or whatever the phrase is, and the place is likely to end up a grossly overcrowded dump with far too many people for the infrastructure and roads etc.

I forget where I heard that, and it could be whoever expressed that opinion is a competitor or has some axe to grind; but if true it would be a shame as the development is a nice idea.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Dubai?

You can keep it. Full of dirty foreigners. A bit like Luton only hotter and with more camels.

Comment

Working...
                X