• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MS Action Pack / Technet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Action Pack / Technet

Do either of these packages come with visual studio?

tia

No.

You need someone friendly with a MSDN Universal subscription or what ever name they've decided to call it these days...

Comment

professional

You dont need universal for the dev stuff, just msdn pro.

Comment

Went to the VS2005 launch at Harrogate last Tuesday. All attendees were given a voucher for their own free copy of VS2005 Pro, SQL Server 2005 Std and Biztalk Server 2006.

Assuming it all arrives then "Thank You very much Microsoft"
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

MSDN partner program...199 quid a year and you get the lot. (But not team system 2005)

Comment

Originally posted by Moose
            MSDN partner program...199 quid a year and you get the lot. (But not team system 2005)
            Can you post a link to the inof page on this. The MS site has me baffled. I went through their purchase path and came up with a price of 953 quid.

cheers

Comment

Well done ControlG!

"You dont need universal for the dev stuff, just msdn pro."

I simply meant that if you had a 'friend' with a Universal subscription you could have the lot and a lot more besides...

"MSDN partner program...199 quid a year and you get the lot. (But not team system 2005)"

AFAIK if you're simply a registered partner then the only option is the Action Pack or pay the sort of subscription t0bytoo mentions.

Don't know what the case is with certified partners etc, but then I thought you had to achieve enough points to be considered one?

Comment

So. Any of you motley lot want to earn a few easy quid by sending me copies of:

sql server
                visual studio
                windows advanced server

??

Comment

Have you tried P2P?
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Not got dsl yet. Coming coon. Mañana, they say. (am in Spain)

Comment

Working...
                    X