• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bleeding Radiator

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleeding Radiator

I have just refitted the radiator in our washroom and I'm about to bleed it. Anyone care to watch?

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
    I have just refitted the radiator in our washroom and I'm about to bleed it. Anyone care to watch?
    Tip of the Day

There is no need to bleed radiators. All you need to do is to drill a 2 mm hole near the top of the radiator. Use one square cm of Blue-Tack over the hole. It is strong enough to stop the water coming out but it will let the air through.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I'm sure Norrahe would
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Tip of the Day

There is no need to bleed radiators. All you need to do is to drill a 2 mm hole near the top of the radiator. Use one square cm of Blue-Tack over the hole. It is strong enough to stop the water coming out but it will let the air through.
        As someone who worked for british gas operations, please ignore this!!!!

J

Comment

I think norrahe knows how to do it if you need any guidance.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Tip of the Day

Plus it would look excellent!

Comment

All done!

Luckily the 2mm drill bit broke so I bleed it the traditional way.

Comment

Viz Top Tip of the Day

FTFY
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                  As someone who worked for british gas operations, please ignore this!!!!

J
                  It works fine in my home. I admit there are the occasional minor leaks but I have a work-around. I have connected the live and neutral wire from the mains light into the Blu-Tack. As soon as there is a leak, the lights automatically dim and flash.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

It works fine in my home. I admit there are the occasional minor leaks but I have a work-around. I have connected the live and neutral wire from the mains light into the Blu-Tack. As soon as there is a leak, the lights automatically dim and flash.
                    Ah, for a minute I thought you were just a bit crazy ... all's well.

Comment

Working...
                    X