• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Total Career Earnings ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total Career Earnings ?

Anyone else sad enough to keep records of total career earnings ? To date, total earned gross in 21.3 years is an unspectacular £871441 at an average of £40823/year. Yearly earnings graph is like a scary roller-coaster but this batch of contracting (3.4 years) has yielded an average of 72317/year, this does include 9 months bench time though so not too bad.
    I reckon that puts me about middle of the table contract wise...

Permie average is circa 35K * 7 Contracting average is around 105K * 5 .

Comment

Now draw another graph of how much tax you've paid.

here, have a kleenex.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
        Anyone else sad enough to keep records of total career earnings ?
        Yes. But not sad enough to post the figures on the internet for all comers to see

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
          Yes. But not sad enough to post the figures on the internet for all comers to see
          Cos you're poor. Go on thet's have a laugh ...

Comment

When you think about it, 870k isn`t a vast amount. In a few years that`ll be the average house price . Imagine working 21.3 years JUST to be able to pay off a mortgage on a common two bed terraced house without a garage or shed.

I don`t care how much I`ve earned so wouldn`t bother working it out. Interestingly, my most successful year financially as a contractor has been the past year during the recession, despite taking a decent break also

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              Fair enough, thought it might be of interest to some, headline rates have sometimes looked good but with bench time and some tough market times over the years the overall is pretty average when I look at my peers in other jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                here, have a kleenex.
                Thanks.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
                  When you think about it, 870k isn`t a vast amount. In a few years that`ll be the average house price . Imagine working 21.3 years JUST to be able to pay off a mortgage on a common two bed terraced house without a garage or shed.

I don`t care how much I`ve earned so wouldn`t bother working it out. Interestingly, my most successful year financially as a contractor has been the past year during the recession, despite taking a decent break also
                  No, £870K will just be the interest on a starter home. The capital will be another £870K.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                    Thanks.

Now wash your hands!

Comment

Working...
                    X