• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

James May Toy Stories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James May Toy Stories

Have been watching this over the last few weeks and it has been highly enjoyable.

I must admit, beginning to quite enjoy watching him on TV.

When I grow up, I wanna be just like him!

Looking forward to tonights episode:

James attempts to build a three-mile-long Scalextric track at Brooklands in Surrey.

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Have been watching this over the last few weeks and it has been highly enjoyable.

WHS. Very good series. Especially enjoyed the giant Airfix Spitfire.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Yeah, looking forward to that Scalextric episode too - it features the largest circuit in Europe that happens to be just down the road from me.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

We volunteered to help with the Lego house he built. Sadly so did 10,000,000 other people and by the time we turned up they didn't want us.

Comment

The programmes have been very well made.

I like how he takes toys of yesteryear and introduces them to kids of today who, initially, think they are tat and by the end of the programme think they aren't too bad.

Comment

Couldn't work out what Edwina Curry had to do with mechano but I did miss the start of that episode
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I thought the Meccano bridge was a bit silly as there wasn't really anything interesting or difficult about it. It was just a repeating lattice structure, and it was either going to be strong enough or it wasn't.

Good programmes though.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Couldn't work out what Edwina Curry had to do with mechano but I did miss the start of that episode
                She was the only well-known Liverpudlian they could afford - either that, or the only Liverpudlian who wouldn't nick the parts for scrap

Comment

I think perhaps you rather missed the point...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Didn't think I like it but it's excellent. He's much better away from those two dullard morons on that bleedin' car show.

Comment

Working...
                    X