• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Non-IT Plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-IT Plan B

I know some on here already have Plan B's but, I believe, most of those are also in IT.

We regularly sound the death knell for UK IT - so has anyone considered setting up a non-IT Plan B?

After several months on the bench am seriously considering it.

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    I know some on here already have Plan B's but, I believe, most of those are also in IT.

We regularly sound the death knell for UK IT - so has anyone considered setting up a non-IT Plan B?

I would love to set up a non-IT plan B, but IT is the only thing I'm any good at !

I always fancied being a postie, but I suspect that there are far fewer scantily clad hot lonely housewives in the real world than in my imagination

Comment

I have plans B and C running alongside my plan A, they aren't big revenue streams but might provide a safety net if I get fed up with this malarky.

Comment

Was there something in the news recently that inspired you?

Comment

Yep.....

Done it twice before and sold both concerns in other parts of the country...

Decided to startup again.....

Going live Dec 1st...

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
            Yep.....

Going live Dec 1st...
            Santa's grotto?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Was there something in the news recently that inspired you?
              Shh!

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
              Yep.....

Going live Dec 1st...
              Congrats.

Are you able to share details of the concerns you sold, if not the current one?

Comment

Just starting a non-IT plan B as we speak...
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Did plan b, sold it just over a year ago as a business for a wedge of cash.

Planning plan c, but really struggling this time to come up with a viable business.

Comment

Shh!

Congrats.

Are you able to share details of the concerns you sold, if not the current one?
                    They are all the same type of organisation...

I used to set them up when I was in contracts in other parts of the country - gave me something to do in the evenings.....

PM if you're that interested....

NOT IT - in fact it couldn't be further from IT!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X