• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/env...f-century.html

Emissions of CO2 have increased by almost a third over the last decade and the Earth is gradually losing its ability to absorb the harmful gas, according to scientists.

"The global trends we are on with CO2 emissions from fossil fuels suggest that we're heading towards 6C of global warming," said Professor Corinne Le Quere of the University of East Anglia, who led the study

Sell your shares in woolly hat manufacturers and invest in icecream makers I say.

Boomed!

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Emissions of CO2 have increased by almost a third over the last decade and the Earth is gradually losing its ability to absorb the harmful gas, according to scientists.
    Harmful? Since when?
    Plants need it
    Animals exhale it
    As far as I know it's not poisonous
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/env...f-century.html

"The global trends we are on with CO2 emissions from fossil fuels suggest that we're heading towards 6C of global warming," said Professor Corinne Le Quere of the University of East Anglia, who will receive further grants for towing the establishment line.

Sell your shares in woolly hat manufacturers and invest in icecream makers I say.

Boomed!

Not that I'm cynical....

Comment

There is big money to be made in alternative energy companies and carbon trading. Al Gore is minted now.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
          There is big money to be made in alternative energy companies and carbon trading. Al Gore is minted now.
          I've heard the next big bubble is going to be in carbon trading. Now is a good time to invest in this utter nonsense.

Comment

How's that ozone hole coming along? The one that couldn't be repaired and was leading to global warming? Interesting you never hear much about it, especially the fact that its recovered!

The earth has warmed and cooled many times over ... yawn ... I'll be dead in a few years anyhoo.

Comment

Taxing out of thin air, a Government's wet dream!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                How's that ozone hole coming along? The one that couldn't be repaired and was leading to global warming? Interesting you never hear much about it, especially the fact that its recovered!
                It's still there...

http://www.wmo.int/pages/mediacentre...pr_863_en.html

You don't hear about it because it doesn't sell newspapers any more.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

The comments on that article are almost universally damming of both the article itself and the whole global warming debate in general
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

I particularly liked the comment where Alex picks the article to pieces, line by line. Cruel but necessary.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X