• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My garage door is being replaced

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My garage door is being replaced

They've delivered the new one, it's being fitted tomorrow. Thought you'd like to know.

Is that a euphemism?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

No

Comment

try not to back into this one
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
          No
          Is it a an up and over or a door like one?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Is it a an up and over or a door like one?
            Up and over

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              try not to back into this one
              Funny you should say that. Someone did back into it, with such force that his rear window popped out and was left on the floor. Then he shot forward and shunted another car through a low wall, destroying car and wall in the process. Then he drove off.

Fortunately one of the other residents witnessed the event, and reported him to the police. They warned him for driving without due care and attention. They decided not to charge him. Not for being drunk in charge (he staggered out of the pub before causing mayhem in our car park), nor leaving the scene of an accident. Probably too much paperwork involved....

Comment

Funny you should say that. Someone did back into it, with such force that his rear window popped out and was left on the floor. Then he shot forward and shunted another car through a low wall, destroying car and wall in the process. Then he drove off.

Fortunately one of the other residents witnessed the event, and reported him to the police. They warned him for driving without due care and attention. They decided not to charge him. Not for being drunk in charge (he staggered out of the pub before causing mayhem in our car park), nor leaving the scene of an accident. Probably too much paperwork involved....
                When we were around 18, my mate drove into someone elses car in a car park. Worried that he had only just got his license he decided to go for it and sped off up the road. When we got back we all pissed ourselves laughing because the bump had knocked his number plate off his cavalier and had been left there. He had to go back and sort it out.

Comment

Can you (or your insurer) not issue a civil suit against him to reclaim the cost?

Comment

They've delivered the new one, it's being fitted tomorrow. Thought you'd like to know.
                    Me too. What colour is it? I went for forest green on hardwoord. I assume you went for remote????

Comment

Working...
                    X