• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What I've noticed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I've noticed

Viewing threads is much quicker, posting a thread/reply is still very slow.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Depends how quickly you type.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
      Depends how quickly you type.
      It takes two minutes to post a two minute post.

Comment

Seems completely random for me.

Sometimes it loads fast, sometimes slow, somtimes posting, sometimes just reading, sometimes it just up and tulips itself for no apparent reason.

Ok, the last one only happened once.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I don't suppose all those bot crawlers (AskJeeves, MSNbot, SKAbot, etc) are slowing things up?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            I don't suppose all those bot crawlers (AskJeeves, MSNbot, SKAbot, etc) are slowing things up?
            I searched for a SKAbot, but no results found.

'arf 'arf 'arf...
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              They will only be downloading the HTML, not all the images and scripts, so their impact won't be that great in terms of the amount of nadwidth they consume. Of course the back end still has to hit the database to build the HTML, but overall they won't be having a very drastic effect.

Comment

I've found it just as variable in every way as it was before, even leaving the server failure out of the equation.

Comment

Thirty seconds to view the front page of General, just under ten seconds to view this thread.

Posting seems fast enough.

EDIT: took less than a second to post this.

Bear in mind that when you post you also view the thread: maybe that's what's making it seem slow

Comment

Working...
                  X