• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dragons Den

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragons Den

MF, was that you?, the IT guy trying to sell something which he couldn't explain very well, then having Doug Richard slap him down saying "I'm not even a programmer but even I could do that".

Actually they seemed a preponderance of people selling IT schemes this evening...reminded me of the good old .com days when people were trying to sell any hare-brained scheme they could think of.

Can't believe these people who think they have something innovative when they have just stuck some plastic flowers to flip flops and the only investment they want is to cover their salaries while the business flips then flops.

Comment

Perhaps we could sell the concept of a forum where very bored dull people post drivel and cut'n'paste articles?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
        Perhaps we could sell the concept of a forum where very bored dull people post drivel and cut'n'paste articles?
        Would they fund me to be a contributor?

Comment

One guy last week pitched the British "Bedlam Cube", the Brits attempt at the Rubik cube. He got the money off the Dragons.

(NB: the Scottish one never gives his money away).

I went to Hamley's toyshop which stocks them on Saturday they had sold out, I bought a couple today for some Christmas presents. 13 quid each.

I wouldn't mind one myself.

Concept is ......a cube made up of many differently shaped blocks ... pull it apart and put it back together again, sounds dull but u cannot cheat and its infuriating when u can't put the peices back in the box in the proper form.

Kids stuff ............ oh so you think !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
            MF, was that you?, the IT guy trying to sell something which he couldn't explain very well, then having Doug Richard slap him down saying "I'm not even a programmer but even I could do that".
            I saw the start of that first bloke. He didn't say what his thing did, what problems it solved, whether it had any competition, how big he saw his market - feck I could go on. Did he get any money? I went down the pub.

Comment

No still not been on. GF said to me again this evening.
              "MF"- she said
              "You could do that. You're a natural'

But no - still not been on yet. Had a new idea today you'll love it'

Pitch N Toss in a box
              Hopscotch in a box
              Table Top Rugby in a box

Pure Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by messiah
                One guy last week pitched the British "Bedlam Cube", the Brits attempt at the Rubik cube. He got the money off the Dragons.
                The Bedlam cube guy actually turned down the money in the end. When that Rachel Red Letter Day woman went bust he started to wonder whether these dragons were as smart as they sound and decided to go it alone. Good to hear it's selling well.

Comment

ha ha the Red Letter Day woman, queen of business has gone bust !!!

I always thought somehow that was a none business

Where was the value ?

Milan.

Comment

here it is...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/womansho...2_thu_05.shtml

looks like the other Dragons bought it...

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/ar...3&in_page_id=2

"Despite announcing three months ago intentions for a £25m flotation, Red Letters had not made a profit for four years. Would-be chairman Sir Rodney Walker scarpered after he took a closer look at the books.
                    ",

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X